Powertrain Manufacturing Engineering
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Dunton, Laindon, Basildon
Position Title: Powertrain Manufacturing Engineering (PTME)
• Lead - Collaboration & Innovation Powertrain Manufacturing Engineering (PTME) is a key contributing organisation within the Company’s business as we transition from our historical product line-up of Internal Combustion Engines (ICE), to a strong Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) powertrain offering.
• This position arises at an enthralling time as PTME Europe are at the forefront of the transformation of our manufacturing facilities across Europe from ICE to BEV, considering the manufacturing of electric motor and battery products.
• You will be a key member of our PTME family, helping us modernise our business as we ‘Bring on Tomorrow’ within the Company by manufacturing our new range of electrified powertrains for vehicles.
• They need you to share your transferable skills, knowledge and experience within our team as you: Identify Opportunities for Innovation
• Leverage your engineering mind-set and communication skills to work with the PTME team to understand critical problem statements that impact our delivery and think creatively to overcome them.
• Explore & Utilise your knowledge of the UK funding landscape to identify external opportunities for funding, working with relevant external parties such as government departments and their appointed bodies e.g. InnovateUK.
• Collaborate - Grow the Company’s external network and maintain relationships with internal and external partners and consider fitment for collaborative projects, either as a lead or partner.
• Innovate & Collaborate, deliver and support engineering work packages as part of funded and non-funded innovative R&D projects through collaborations and co-operations
• Protect where appropriate, work with our internal functions to secure intellectual property or disseminate learnings.
• In particular, as a lead within the department, you will: Work with agility and manage your time to support in-flight projects whilst also searching for new opportunities
• Lead and coordinate critical funding applications, write compelling bids and manage and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
• Manage funded projects and their stakeholders in terms of timing, risk, budget, issue resolution etc., including developing information for grant monitoring and audits
• Working knowledge of the UK funding landscape
• Ability to communicate powerfully (verbal and written) across all levels within an organisation
• Proven ability to manage complex projects involving multiple internal and external stakeholders
• Highly effective stakeholder management Skills Preferred
• An understanding of where the Company’s Manufacturing Engineering skills can add value
• Strong command of Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Coordinating and writing bids for funding, e.g. UKRI, innovate UK or equivalent
• Writing compelling business plans to secure required resource allocation
• Management of technical projects and work package delivery
• Experience Preferred - Experience or involvement with production technology (battery and electric motor preferred) and other innovative technologies, including Industry 4.0 and Digital Manufacturing engineering
• SharePoint ownership or use of equivalent knowledge and information-sharing tools
• Bachelor degree. Preferably in engineering.
• 5+ years of industry experience without a Degree.
• Hybrid Working Model
• Travel: Highly unlikely but not impossible