Project Engineer Software and Controls Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Dependent on Experience
Broadford Park, Shalford,, Surrey
Position Title: Project Engineer Software and Controls Engineer
• Working in collaboration with the system owners, to deliver the vehicle level software-controlled features and functions in accordance with the vehicle timing and development plan.
• In collaboration with the system owners, specification, development, and management of detailed requirements to be implemented in the vehicle electrical architecture.
• These range from simple binary functions through to complex distributed functions.
• Provide technical and project oversight for software related developments undertaken by our technical partners and Tier 1 suppliers.
• Ensure compliance with process driven development.
• Support in terms of guidance for network integration, distributed functions, signal database activities, interaction with UI systems and diagnostics.
• Track the development progress and maturity of feature/function and application development. Co-ordinate multi-party activities to ensure synchronised delivery and testing. Implement mitigation strategies when things go off-plan.
• Use network of experts to help solve complex issues.
• Management of technical deliverables such as Feature Implementation Plans (FIPs), software timing plans, issues trackers, signals databases and open issues decks.
• Participate in system review, verification & validation activities including FMEAs, DVP planning, ISO26262 functional safety and other tests throughout the development lifecycle.
• Hands-on electrical development and testing in collaboration with testing and validation colleagues. Fault identification and resolution including management of issues to closure.
• Tier 1 supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement, Logistics and Quality throughout the project lifecycle.
• • Significant relevant experience of vehicle/system/sub-system software development and delivery within an automotive, aerospace or e-mobility engineering environment.
• Demonstrable understanding of electrical architectures and underlying network and diagnostic technologies.
• Working knowledge of software architectures, development methodologies, test and validation strategies, and development environments.
• Working knowledge of CAN, FlexRay, automotive ethernet, LIN networks and vehicle diagnostics.
• Experience of project engineering with Tier 1 suppliers, preparation of project documentation and reports. Risk management, mitigation, and recovery planning.
• Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, DVP, quality planning, PPAP etc) and full product lifecycle activities.
• Articulate, self-motivated, and able to work well on own initiative.
• Possession of an Electronics, Control Systems, Software Engineering, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree. Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
• Full driving licence is essential.
• No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union