Coordinator – Engineering Database Management (EDM)
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Dependent on Experience
Position Title: Coordinator – Engineering Database Management (EDM)
• Our Client is a world-leading automotive design company, they have gained a global reputation as a pioneer of lightweight and efficient vehicles, taking a highly innovative approach to all aspects of vehicle design, development and production.
• The key accountabilities of the Engineering Database Management (EDM) function are to control new part number allocation and an indented BoM structure for all projects ensuring accurate BoM roll up functionality for product cost and weight.
• In addition, the function ensures that Engineering releases are correctly documented and recorded in the BoM.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities within Electronic Database Management (EDM):
• Working with the Company’s Design, Engineering and Technical Procurement functions to ensure the BoM is accurate with regards to part specification, weight and cost.
• Generate vehicle BoM status reports as required.
• Support Design, Engineering and Purchasing activities through ensuring Design Office drawings are accurate and liaise with suppliers following the release of drawings.
• Managing the transfer and storage of CAD data both to the Company and from the Company to external suppliers.
• Assist with the creation and documentation of part specific composite layup manuals, and the transfer of these manuals to external suppliers.
• Support the development of a PLM and ERP systems
• To monitor system efficiency and propose changes to improve working functionality.
• To ensure compliance with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policy requirements within your areas of responsibilities.
• Use high level Product specifications to develop an initial BoM to support concept cost and timing.
• Support the implementation of nominated PLM and ERP Software
• Generate and maintain mass track data for vehicle variants and mass states. (i.e. GVW, Kerb, Show Room).
• Carry out any other duties that may reasonably be requested of you.
• Knowledge of 3D Experience and/or IFS a distinct advantage
Experience and Qualifications:
• It is anticipated that you will have the relevant automotive experience at an appropriate consultancy or OEM
• You will be educated to a degree level in a mechanical or aeronautical discipline
• Experience of VBA is required