RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: HW Prototyper
• Hardware and Firmware Prototyper working across various projects with a focus on physical prototype design and build, to support and evaluate HMI concepts and UX design together with the designers and SW developers in the HMI Design team.
• The scope includes HMI design for infotainment, driver information, telematics and other car functions with both digital and physical user interfaces, to support and enhance the driving experience.
• The work is highly varied ranging from model making, rapid prototyping, opto-electronics, mechatronics and embedded HW and fw engineering.
• Suitable candidates will have a hand across the full prototype development cycle: requirements, concepting, design, build and commissioning.
• A wide range of rapid prototyping experience gained from personal and professional making is essential for success in this role.
• You will work within the HMI Design department, a cross-functional team where interdisciplinary focus, curiosity and drive are highly valued.
• We work in close collaboration with all other design departments shaping the mobility experience of the future.
• Open Source Hardware / IDE: Arduino, Raspberry Pi
• Microcontrollers: 8bit - 32bit (ARM Cortex, Atmel, Espressif)
• Rapid prototyping workshop competencies: laser cutter, 3D printing (SLA, SLS), Machine tools
• Peripherals: I2C, SPI, GPIO, DAC, ADC, Stepper Controllers, PWM, H-bridge, TTL-Serial
• 2D CAD & 3D CAD (Autodesk Fusion 360 or Catia)
• 5 years combined electronics / firmware / product development experience with an emphasis on rapid, iterative prototyping
• Minimum of 3 years in an embedded or product development environment with an emphasis on rapid, iterative prototyping
• Microsoft Office
• MQTT, Python and Linux shell, JSFrameworks such as React, Angular, Node, etc.
• Android, iOS app development
• PCB design (KiCAD)
• CAN, LIN, TCP/IP
• Adobe Creative Suite (especially Illustrator, After Effects)
• Strong drive, communicative with good presentation skills, independent and confident as well as a good team player.
• Creative and innovative but structured, methodical and analytical with good planning skills.
• Flexible and able to work under constrained time schedules and frequently revised circumstances.
• Travels to China may be needed (approx. 1-2 trips per year).
• Each individual in our team has a high level of responsibility and mandate and is expected to be able to work autonomously.
• Fluent in English, spoken and written
• Driver’s license preferable