EDS Component Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Dependent on Experience
Laindon, Basildon, Essex
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Lead development of the component design concept with internal harness engineers, designers, as well as external development & production suppliers.
• Assist with the creation of initial design concepts for components and develop designs through prototype phases and to serial production
• Establish, agree and track the implementation of component timing plans internally, and with suppliers and customers
• Coordinate development partners / suppliers for the 2D/3D design. Track open issues and run regular reviews to ensure issue closure in a timely manner.
• Lead internal and customer releasing of components to support project timing.
• Review and agree the designs with suppliers and customers
• Ensure DFA/DFM processes are followed
• Define specifications (internal and customer) for specific components and cascade to development partners / suppliers
• Author and obtain approval of Component Product Specification (CPS) document.
• Monitor component design and development to ensure adherence to CPS
• Ensure specifications are met by proposed design
• Define component sign off testing plan and agree with customer.
• Oversee testing according to plan and report sign off status regularly internally and to customer.
• Investigate any test issues or failures and lead teams to resolve and re-validate.
• Participate in all relevant customer and supplier meetings
• Prepare and lead presentations for component reviews
• Support product design reviews internally and at customer locations
• Support prototype vehicle builds at customer locations
• Review and document issues and track to resolution
• University degree in electrical, mechanical or automotive engineering, or equivalent experience
• Previous practical design experience from an automotive background
• Solid experience in automotive industry
• Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers
• Knowledge of component development process
• Knowledge of material properties (plastics and metals)
• Knowledge of plastic moulding and metal stamping processes
• Knowledge of Catia for 3D and 2D design
• Ability to work well both independently and as part of a diverse team
• Good time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks
• Excellent communication skills in written & verbal English
• Self-sufficient, self-motivated and proactive
• Proficient with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project
• High attention to detail
• Full valid driving licence to drive in the UK
• Right to work in the UK