Colour and Materials Designer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Colour and Materials Designer
• Responsibility for designing and developing colour & materials for Land Rover Core (Creation and Realisation) and SVO programmes from an interior and exterior point of view from Concept through to Job 1 and beyond.
• Responsible for the development of interior/exterior body and trim finishes and surface materials in terms of colour, aesthetic and tactile qualities and the selection and application
• A collaborative approach will be required to build on program ideas as projects as they move from Creation to Realisation, influencing the design direction of a project with a high degree of creativity and solutions that can be analysed, developed and lead independently
• Negotiating against cost and feasibility issues to achieve customer satisfaction and detailed liaison with Interior / Exterior Designers, Sales and Marketing, Engineers and Suppliers
• Responsible for agreeing design changes and communicating direction to team and suppliers and for coordinating suppliers to deliver on time Flexibility to carry out work on different programme activities dependent on business needs.
• Key candidates must be able to multi-task and work on several projects simultaneously.
• Candidates must be confident communicators and comfortable presenting to internal and external stakeholders
• Successful candidates will have modern luxury taste level and design execution demonstrated in their portfolio.
• Relevant Design Degree Design software competency: Photoshop/Illustrator/VRED Automotive C&M Design experience
• Degree level qualification BA or equivalent. Textile, Fashion, Graphics, Product, Automotive design or similar.
• Approximately 5 years + experience as a designer with proven experience or examples in portfolio of colour and material design application.
• Proficient in adobe creative suite: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Experience working with luxury lifestyle brands. A good understanding of automotive design and delivery processes.