EDS Lead engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Lead EDS Engineer
Duration: 12 month Rolling Contract
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
- EDS within Hardware integration and attributes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead program engineering deliverables on a new vehicle Top Hat.
- Lead engineering design interface for EDS and EDS related components
- Define detailed project release timing and ensure compatibility with overall project timing plan
- Lead and coordinate resolution of engineering issues for assigned programs
- Ensure timely response on technical issues and engineering design, test and sign-off deliverables
- Collate, review and store program definition documents (e.g. PDL, TIB) and asses impacts on design
- Prepare engineering project status information and present at internal project reviews
- Lead engineering design team to ensure high quality EDS designs are released on time for assigned programs
- Change Management - control of additional changes (STA's) required for specific build phases
- Interface to harness manufacturing plant to ensure correct incorporation of changes
- Ensure that new components (carryover but new for project) list is made available for up-front ordering for build phases
- Oversee new developed components list and ensure design and manufacturing teams are informed of status
- Ensure samples of new developed components are available to manufacturing plant
- Plan and co-ordinate Design Reviews at manufacturing plant
- Ensure that the design complies to the Design For Manufacture guidelines
- Conduct regular Project Team Meeting (with Meeting Minutes)
- Support agreement of technical parts of SOW with suppliers and customer
- Ensure BOM validation is carried out in advance of prototype builds, communicate up-front build lists to harness manufacturing plant
- Define looms for ordering and provide matrix to Sales Department
- Organise and conduct design reviews at supplier
- Ensure team support of prototype vehicle builds at customer locations & track EDS design issues to completion
- Provide manufacturing plant with planned quantities for Pre-production phases (TT, PP, MP1)
- Ensure team support of pre-production vehicle builds at customer locations & track EDS design issues to completion
- Submit all technical project risks and opportunities to the PM
- Support design cost studies and estimation
- Support the development, implementation and continuous improvement of common processes, procedures and methodologies
- Follow the Client-s Quality Management System (QMS) as defined in the Quality Management Handbook
- University degree in electrical, mechanical or automotive engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience in project leadership
- Experience in leading teams of people
- Extensive experience in the design and development of automotive wiring harnesses
- Proven ability to lead a development team from both a technical & line management perspective.
- Self- sufficient, self-motivated and excellent team-player
- Flexible, adaptable, proactive, diplomatic attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft office - Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Projects
- Strong analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Knowledge in Saber Harness / Saber ESD
- Knowledge in Harness Routing and CAD
- Knowledge in Power supply and complete vehicle load balance
Software and IT:
- Microsoft office.
Competence requirements for: Team Centre Automotive
- - Author - Viewer
- Independent, self-confident.
- Good in communication.