Ergonomics Lead Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Ergonomics Lead Engineer
About the role
- As an Ergonomics Lead Engineer, you will deliver world-class ergonomics & usability attributes for our Clients- highly innovative and ground-breaking range of products.
- The role reports to the Head of Feasibility & Package Engineering and is based in Coventry, West Midlands, UK.
- Our Client set high standards for Visibility, Driver position, Occupant comfort, Daily Life usage and Entry-Exit.
- They are involved in competitor benchmarking and feature evaluation from pre-concept until production.
- Each vehicle from the Clients- portfolio must set the benchmark for the rest of the products in the market.
- In addition, with multiple new vehicle programs on the way, they need to be more innovative than ever.
- This role is based within the Global Product Development Team, located within the Research and Development facility in the UK.
- You will be working within the Human Factors Team (HF Team), responsible for delivering world class Usability, Ergonomics and Human
- Factors science in design for the Clients- highly innovative and ground-breaking range of products.
- The role will collaborate closely with the UK based Design teams and Engineering colleagues worldwide for our vehicle development programs.
- The role also takes global responsibilities and participation in company-wide feature evaluation, in order to align feature needs of all future products.
- As a Lead Engineer-Ergonomics, you will be involved in all engineering phases - from advanced engineering to concept generation, detailed development and industrialization.
Other typical tasks include supporting Head of PKG in performing below listed activities:
- Ergonomics Target setting and issue management during the duration of the project
- Lead cross-functional ergo-technical issue resolution, providing innovative solutions for problems.
- Preparing Ergonomics & Daily life usage status reports for gateway papers as part of program deliverables.
- Report on results or conclusions of Human Factors engineering and Ergonomics activities, such as testing, investigation, or validation.
- Analyse Vehicle Attribute Profile and benchmarks for Ergonomics and Flexibility (storages & seats folding etc.) topics.
- Competitor vehicle analysis, performing feature evaluations, CAD benchmarking and setting feature targets for various on-going projects across multiple programs.
- Responsible for ergonomics subjective evaluations on the built vehicles/seating bucks.
- Plan testing of designs, related to the usability and UI of the product (graphical and physical).
- Apply CAD modelling or quantitative analysis (such as FMEA) to forecast events, such as human decisions or behaviours, in particular related to potential hazardous situations, to ensure the safety and usability of designs.
- Develop relevant CAD proposals, methods, plans, reports and reviews of Ergonomics and Human Factors (and associated areas) works.
- Creating and Maintaining CV spec (geometric targets and keep out zones) in Catia V5
- Jointly responsible for the Vehicle Packaging drawing, develop and monitor achievement of overall vehicle technical targets integrating Design, CAE, legal and performance criteria
- Be responsible for creating & documenting vehicle package & ergonomics design guidelines
- Creation, modification, management & delivery of ergonomics & design physical buck
- Manage evaluation of mock ups and experiments for Vehicle Concept - Package department
- Collect data through direct observational studies or witnessing of tests to inform or evaluate design offerings
- Develop or implement research methodologies and statistical analysis plans to test and evaluate developmental prototypes used in new products.
- Advocate for end users during the entire product development process and product lifecycle in collaboration with other teams including design managers, quality department, product research & development and testing.
- Mentor colleagues worldwide in areas of ergonomics, smart tools in CAD and MS office.
- Conduct assessments and surveys, of users and customers, to collect information on topics to evidence requirements of designs.
- Conduct research to evaluate potential solutions related to work/in-use demands on the user.
- In conjunction with other teams, plan and perform usability assessments, anthropometric and musculoskeletal studies etc., and using tools such as checklists, surveys, videotaping or posture assessments and others as required.
- Viewed as an expert in your field with in-depth knowledge relating to Ergonomics and Human Machine Interface for automotive and consumer brands.
- Background in Product Design, Ergonomics and Human Factors research activities.
- Proven track record of applying Ergonomics and Human Factors approaches and solutions to design development in and/or for industry (e.g., Aerospace, Automotive).
- Technical, personal and business credibility to work effectively with cross-functional teams and at different levels inside the organisation.
- Perseverance to get the correct result. Passion for success.
- BE/B Tech/ME/M Tech in Mechanical Engineering/Product Design/ Ergonomics with extensive experience.
- Should have worked in Physical Ergonomics (human factors) and driver interface systems.
- Can identify and rectify ergonomic needs and problems virtually & physically.
- Has good knowledge of homologation activities connected with Ergo and HMI area. (Vehicle Level Homologation support and integration)
- Knowledge of ergonomics standards for different markets.
- Ability to create new methodology for ergonomic assessments.
- Proficient in operating CATIA V5, Teamcenter, CAVA, Ramsis, Delmia.
- Knowledge of basic vehicle architecture analysis.
- Exposure to AR/VR usage in HMI and Ergonomics domain.
- Ability to compile and present information verbally and in writing. (Excellent verbal and written communication skills)
- Innovative and creative mind-set to provide engineering solutions and concepts.
- Enthusiastic to learn and implement new software and technologies as per project requirements.
- Knowledge in the Clients- systems preferred
- Maintaining CV spec (targets and keep out zones) in Catia V5
- Experience with Interior & Infotainment, ADAS systems
- Experience with Occupant Set-up, Vision & Ergonomics Assessments
- Experienced Catia V5 Designer, proficient in Surface Development & Part Design,
- Well-organised and methodical approach to planning and executing studies, with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal & organisational skills, with good attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work in start-up environment
- Travel to China, Europe or any other Group within the Clients- location for supporting ergonomics and HF assessments & discussions.