RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Vehicle Technician
- Our Client is currently seeking a vehicle technician to support development engineers at a global OEM.
- The role will involve support for both vehicle fleets and test bed activities to ensure test programs are delivered on time.
- You will play a key role supporting both hardware and software updates, instrumentation, and vehicle maintenance schedules.
- The role will be highly practical and you will work closely in a team with the engineers in powertrain development.
- All necessary training and support will be given.
- Manage and maintain a fleet of prototype vehicles
- Create service and maintenance schedules for vehicles and powertrains
- Keep records of vehicle history and hardware/software updates
- Procure the equipment and consumables needed in the relevant area of responsibility
- Maintain vehicle control modules up to date with regular software updates
- Preparation, installation, connection, service, maintenance, and calibration of measurement equipment in accordance with given procedures
- Support in-territory test campaigns
- An apprenticeship or NVQ Level 3 vocational qualification in Mechanical or Motor Vehicle Engineering and relevant technical experience
- Functional Skills Level 2 or equivalent in English, Maths and Science
- Knowledge of motor vehicle technology with an up-to-date knowledge of vehicle development, especially new engine types and electronics
- Strong, practical skills with good manual dexterity
- Strong knowledge and experience of working on prototype powertrains
- Practical experience in using vehicle diagnostic tools
- Independent, target-oriented way of working and a high level of initiative