Senior OBD Calibration Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Competitive salary + benefits
Position Title: Senior OBD Calibration Engineer
- In this role you will be responsible for optimising the calibration of ICEs and hybridised ICE powertrains.
- Your objective will be to ensure that all target criteria are met and that the powertrain works to its full efficiency in all operating conditions.
- The role involves planning, preparation and supervision of related vehicle tests, assessment and documentation of test results and delivery of calibrations.
- You may also be required to participate in vehicle test development trips.
- Planning and execution of engine or vehicle development program
- Calibration dataset development in-line with guidelines for the relevant attributes
- Analysis of results and preparation of recommendations
- Dataset validation for all ambient conditions both in facility and in territory, including final reporting and documentation
- Liaison and reporting to various functions within the organisation
- BEng in Mechanical/Automotive or related engineering discipline
- Experience within the automotive industry in diesel calibration
- Good knowledge of combustion engine fundamentals
- Good knowledge of diagnosis of emissions control systems
- Good working knowledge of EMS and related tools and software
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Proven project management skills
- Capable of working independently as well as part of large and small teams including leading teams
- Experience in emissions testing and data analysis
- Knowledge of data analysis tools such as the Clients- Concerto or equivalent
- Knowledge of statistical analysis methods and tools
- Programming skills in MATLAB
- Masters or PhD in specific subject area preferred