Advanced Manufacturing engineer - Composites
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Job Title: Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Duration: 6 Month Rolling Contract
IR35 Status Determination: Outside
Robotic CAM experience, especially in development and design of CNC robotic cells. Ideally with good knowledge of robotic water jet application
Power Mill experience is important
- Generate manufacturing process and machining times to manufacture to the design specification, ensuring the most cost-effective approach.
- Develop and implement, through a hands-on approach, manufacturing processes to efficiently machine components, continually looking to reduce the costs.
- Specify and Design fixturing, tooling and equipment to support manufacturing processes, including its procurement, commissioning and implementation.
- Provide machining data to ensure optimum performance and realisation of estimated times.
- Support all team members to ensure the realisation of the quoted manufacturing times.
- Support all team members to achieve the desired design quality.
- Work with the Production, Quality and Engineering teams to reduce the Cost of Poor Quality.
- Liaise with the Design authority and Project Management to ensure correct understanding of design intent and process requirements.
- Support shop floor with issue resolution.
- Maintain a Teamwork approach to ensure all team members are equally capable.
- Liaise with Quality Engineers to ensure improvements to our Total Cost of Quality, On Time in Full, delivery and other KPIs.
- Act on key manufacturing performance metrics
- Proven background working in a machine shop with extensive knowledge of tools, equipment and processes for grinding, milling and turning.
- Hands on approach to problem solving and cost reduction.
- Working in a formal Quality framework.
- Continuous Improvement drive.
- Good PC skills and Business System experience.
- Experience of working in a production environment for a precision, small batch, low volume customer base.
- Automotive or similar industry experience.
- Aerospace and Defence experience.
- Gear form manufacturing knowledge/experience.
- Heat Treatment knowledge/experience.
- CAD/CAM programming experience.
- 2D Drafting/3D modelling experience.
- Multi spindle machining experience/knowledge.