Functional Safety Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Functional Safety Engineer
- Our Client delivers engineering consultancy projects for OEM customers in a number of areas, including but not limited to Transmissions, ADAS, Hybrid Vehicles and Electrification.
- Increasingly, these projects require robust analysis of the functional safety risks and mitigation actions.
- A Functional Safety Engineer role now exists to act as a central Functional Safety expert across a broad range of consultancy projects, supporting the system engineers by taking responsibility for the Functional Safety deliverables.
- With support from the system engineers and from other Functional Safety Engineers, the role will be to perform the Functional Safety activities as appropriate to the project. This will include the following key activities:
- Understand intended functionality of systems in a broad automotive context
- Generate the necessary Functional Safety documentation for the project following ISO26262: Fault-tree analysis, Hazard analysis, technical safety concepts and requirements
- Lead Functional Safety reviews as needed both internally with the project team and with customers
- Minimum BSc or BEng (2:1) in Automotive, Electrical or equivalent Engineering
- Relevant engineering experience (ideally Systems or Safety Engineering)
- Experience of supporting Functional Safety activities according to ISO26262
- Good communication skills
- English language (spoken and written)
- Driving licence valid for driving in the UK
- Previous experience of delivering Functional Safety documentation as defined by ISO26262
- Experience in development of one or more of: automotive powertrain control systems, high-voltage electrical power supplies, hybrid vehicles, ADAS features or similar technical fields
- Experience in conducting/leading FMEA, FTA, FMEDA, HARA activities
- Project Management experience