EDS DVP Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: EDS DVP Engineer
Location: Basildon, Essex
- Our Client is currently recruiting for permanent EDS DVP Engineer to be based in our Basildon site.
- The main purpose of the role is to collect, Analyse, verify, test and manage the development of the EDS based on customer requirements under consideration of all engineering specifications, cost, quality and timing as well as environmental aspects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Selects relevant SDS requirements per program.
- Gains agreements to the requirements from the customer.
- Set up FEDE for responsible programs.
- Plan and create the design verification plans.
- Carries out vehicle and test board level testing and produces test reports.
- Conduct RQA reviews and communicate Non Compliance to the team and report out the status to the team.
- Participate in design reviews to ensure the customers SDS-s are adhered too.
- Participate in EDS design/development meetings PMST (EDS) to understand and be aware of issues.
- Report results and advise risk of failures.
- Follow up on open issues to bring to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Advise on subsequent design changes and develop signoff retest plans where required.
- Ensure EDS requirements for test vehicles/Buck/rigs etc. are made, agreed and shown on T&D plan
- Track EDS Deviations for requirements that cannot be met and ensure that they get approved by the customer.
- Collate and review quality history data.
- Participate in Campaign prevention / FMEA / FMA reviews.
- Assist the teams with SCAAF reviews and updating SCAAF document.
- Diploma in electrical, mechanical or automotive engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Previous practical design experience from an automotive or aerospace background.
- Extensive experience of Automotive DVP process.
- Extensive experience of Customer DVP and sign off processes and software (SDS, e-FDVS, e-Deviation etc.).
- Good working knowledge of FMA processes.
- Solid understanding of vehicle EDS and electrical systems.
- Good working knowledge of electrical test equipment (oscilloscope, multi-meter, power supply, etc.)
- Practical ability for vehicle mechanical and electrical diagnosis.
- Working knowledge of GPDS, DVP, FMEA and APQP.
- Vehicle assembly process, especially EDS related aspects.
- Understanding of EDS design and development process.
- Application of electrical theory.
- Proficient with Microsoft office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Self-motivation and prioritisation
- Ability to work in a team as well as alone
- Fluent in English
- Full Driving Licence UK or Equivalent
- Right to work in the UK - Valid Passport