Supervisor - Component Team
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Supervisor - Component Team
Location: Basildon, Essex
• Our Client are currently recruiting for permanent Supervisor for our Component Team to be based at our Basildon site.
• The main purpose of the role is to manage and lead a team of Component Engineer both in the UK and Europe, being customer interface across multiple car lines.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Set daily work schedules and tasks aligned with priorities.
• Ensure compliance to the Clients’ quality management systems and standards
• Ensure compliance to customer standards and specifications
• Ensure employee performance reviews are conducted in line with Company processes
• Undertake performance plans and corrective actions for direct reports
• Develop and assess training / up-skilling requirements for team periodically using Company platforms
• Deputise for Engineering Managers
• Support development of and maintain budgets allocated.
• Review/check product development related analysis/study and calculations.
• Review/check of Drawing and Design release packages
• Review and approve required APQP documentation (DFMEA, DVP&R)
• Ensure design signoff processes are adhered and achieved, including strict adherence to EA-EN-WH-P-013, Component Design Control - Component Engineering (EDS)
• Lead concept and architecture studies for new components
• Support cost justification and negotiations with suppliers and customers
• Support program manager and project leader for all engineering reporting requirements
• Creating and delivering presentations to customer
• Ensure compliance and signoff of supplier Validation plans through the course of sourcing and development
• Support delivery of DVP
• Identify and report roadblocks to management with recommended actions
• Support internal TKO activity.
• Ensure timely release of developed parts into customer systems (Drawing updates into TCE, WERS activity)
• Create and support component validation plans at component and system level including WH and vehicle assembly locations.
• Create/review component development plans to meet internal and customer timing
• Create, review and publish master tracking for all components under development, to ensure overall cross functional delivery.
• Define component complexity and usage information and align with releasing engineer.
• Support DFM, VAVE and cost reduction initiatives
• Initiate / support line reviews
• Capture lessons learnt and integrate into process improvement opportunities.
• University degree in electrical, mechanical or automotive engineering, or equivalent experience
• Previous practical design experience from an automotive background
• Solid experience in automotive industry
• Component Development Method
• Test and evaluation methods (DVP)
• Quality and reliability methods (FMEA, QFD (Quality Functional Deployment), etc.)
• Project Management systems (APQP)
• Plastic and metal component production tooling and process knowledge.
• Cost control and commercial /budget awareness
• Quality management systems & techniques
• Effective time management.
• Resilience and reliability.
• EDS experience
• Supervising and leading teams
• Electrical and Mechanical engineering
• Ability to travel both in the UK and Overseas, sometimes at short notice
• Full valid driving licence to drive in the UK
• Fluent in English
• Right to work in the UK – Valid Passport