Engineer – Drawings and Standards
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Engineer – Drawings and Standards
• Our Client is currently has an exciting opportunity for an Engineer – Drawings and Standards to join their Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Shalford, Surrey.
• The primary focus of the work is to check all engineering drawings and designs to ensure they meet the internal client’s standards and BS8888.
• Ensure all engineering drawings and designs meet the clients standards and BS8888
• Ensure that all drawings have the correct GD&T applied for their given application
• Maintain all the clients Engineering and Drawing Standards
• Support other design functions and tasks, as and when required
• Manage KPIs associated with drawing releases
• Contribute to complete and effective engineering plans and schedules, including planning own activities
Experience and Qualifications:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the capacity of an Engineer in the automotive industry
• Solid understanding of design standards, material standards and engineering drawing standards
• Good working knowledge of whole vehicle design is essential
• Proven success in applying design standards in automotive or other applicable industries
• Experience of engineering drawing standards, specifically BS8888
• Capable of reading engineering drawings from a manufacturing and material supply perspective
• Clear and effective communication skills
• Good time management skills