Design Engineer - Interior Systems
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Remote / Surrey as Required
Job Title: Design Engineer - Interiors Systems
Location: WFH / Surrey as required
Duration: 3 month rolling contract
IR35 Status Determination: Outside
• Deliver design proposals according to design brief and project constraints in assigned programs using CATIA V5
• Produce creative detailed design solutions fulfilling complex technical criteria.
• Body packaging, concept studies and detailed design, including sizing calculations and use of CAD / CAE to create viable sections
• Lead and support of design activities carried out in-house and at suppliers if required
• Build support (prototype and production)
• Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry and business standards
• Supporting problem solving activities during virtual and physical builds
• Assess all engineering prototypes to determine any associated issues or risks, mitigating when, and where found
• Research whether the design is feasible, functional and cost-effective
• Estimate cost limits and budgets for new design
• Represent the department in design reviews and during test and development activities if required
• Design components to the lowest feasible weight
• Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable internal, industry, business and where applicable legislative standards and requirements.
• Co-ordinate own design work to deliver timely design releases and meeting all design for manufacture input from supplier(s)Develop and specify GD&T data set on CAD models or drawings, taking into account all inputs from parts suppliers, assembly processes and dimensional management studies
• Creating presentation material for Design Reviews
• Producing detailed manufacturing drawings
• Maintain and manage engineering records and designs