UX Designer with Light competence
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: UX Designer with Light competence
• In this role, you are responsible for designing market-leading
• User Experiences in HMI systems.
• Considering the whole HMI, digital, physical and light, you are to challenge and innovate the way our users interact with the car, get information from the car and experience the interior, thinking beyond traditional screens.
• Your primary assignment will be to work with how light can augment HMI functions.
• You will also work with creating interior experiences using the ambient light.
• This requires interaction design thinking that goes beyond screens, a UX thinking, as well as knowledge in cognitive and behavioural science.
• You will work within the HMI Design department, a true cross-functional team where inter-disciplinary focus, curiosity and drive are highly valued.
• You will work in close collaboration with the Interior, Seats & Components, Exterior, and CMF Design teams.
• You will also have close cooperation with the Brand & Innovation Design team, Engineering, Marketing and Product planning.
Responsibilities and tasks:
• Create light UX concepts for the HMI system based on the costumers’ expectation and brand values.
• Drive for exploring new ways of interacting with the interior/exterior of the car and the system.
• Take an idea from sketch phase to prototype, specifying the interaction concept.
• Create compelling prototypes that showcases your concepts, shaping the design.
• Perform tests and validating user clinics of your concept
• Conceptualize your ideas in deliverable material.
• Develop functional specification for how the HMI system will use the ambient light
• Manage and keep track of tasks, delivery plans and Design deadlines.
• Help making the HMI Design departments vision as clear and tangible as possible
• Help merge the HMI Design process with the rest of the Design areas.
• B.Sc. Interaction design, Industrial or transportation design or a Master’s degree in any of the previously mentioned educations.
• We are looking after the combination of these disciplines - New inter-disciplinary programs are of inters.
• Relevant working experience within UX/UI
• Good knowledge of the HMI design process and best-practices
• Knowledge and experience of designing with Cognitive load and behaviour in mind.
• Software’s such as Adobe CC, After effects, Figma, Blender, Principle and VRED
• Persistency to pursue targets and take decisions
• Communicative with good verbal and visual presentation skills.
• Structured, methodical, and analytical with good planning skills.
• Ability to understand and analyse requirements from upper management.
• Highly motivated, flexible, and able to work under constrained time schedules
• Cultural awareness, especially Asian and European culture
• Automotive experience is an advantage.
• English, spoken and written
• Driver’s license
• Travels to Asia may be needed
• Each individual in our team has a high level of responsibility and mandate and is expected to be able to work autonomously.