Senior Vehicle Dynamics & Simulation Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Senior Vehicle Dynamics & Simulation Engineer
- Reporting to the Chief Engineer - Vehicle Engineering & Simulation, you will be responsible for leading the Vehicle Dynamics CAE and development work
- Responsibility for leading and developing Vehicle Dynamics and working closely with the concept design work, testing and vehicle dynamics team.
- You will be required to keep up to date with latest technologies in the industry and drive the company and direction to ensure our Client is world class in this sector.
- You will be required to build up the Vehicle development team, develop the team-s skills, tools, knowledge base, and personal development.
- You will be expected to help and support the design activities with concept work, target and attribute setting.
- Liaise with the head of design, project management and vehicle development to ensure technical targets, program timings and budgetary requirements are met
- Conduct meeting with suppliers and technical partners
- Conduct analysis and development reviews and promote communication between all areas of the business
- Ensure targets and attributes defined are tracked and monitored though the design and vehicle development phases and ensure all function groups are working to the latest controlled data and deliver to agreed project objectives.
- Supervise any contract staff and ensure they work effectively and in a timely manner
Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong virtual vehicle dynamics knowledge, with extensive background in CAE/Simulation.
- Extensive vehicle dynamic subjective assessment skills.
- Derive and define vehicle load data and duty cycles.
- In depth knowledge of vehicle dynamics development supported by a thorough theoretical understanding of vehicle dynamics.
- In depth knowledge of vehicle dynamics development with thorough theoretical understanding of vehicle dynamics.
- Practical experience of virtual and development vehicle projects including high performance vehicles.
- Running vehicle dynamics development work to correlate simulation work and target setting.
- A good knowledge and understanding of K&C data and test verification and target setting.
- Understanding of whole vehicle attributes for a wide range of diverse vehicle types.
- Knowledge of physical vehicle tuning techniques.
- Experience in sports car technical requirements and system targets.
- Experience of objective testing and data analysis.
- Very high level of simulation ability and understanding of physical principles.
- A methodical and scientific approach to problem solving and strong data analysis skills.
- Good planning and Management skills
- Experienced user of Motion Solve, ADAMS, and AMEsim software.
- Experience in development of MBS techniques and supporting systems.
- Detailed analysis and test report writing.