HMI Project Lead
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Job Title: HMI Project Lead
• In this role, you are responsible for planning and leading the HMI Design team and its deliveries throughout the complete vehicle project timeline.
• You will be the HMI Design team’s main interfaces to the rest of the organisation, both internally and externally.
• Throughout the project you demonstrate a good understanding of the brand’s design language, the HMI design strategies, and the product design intent, and how to as well as stakeholder’s expectations, and you keep a holistic view of scope, gates and deliveries.
• You will work closely with management and strategists from both HMI design and other design departments to understand the strategic intent and make sure this is planned for and followed in the specific projects.
• In doing so you have creative freedom to take high-level strategic input into more project and context-suitable input, depending on our product road map, while maintaining a good design process.
• You will also work closely with other Product owners, supporting and supervising that the strategic intents are planned and prioritised in your and their backlog.
• You will work within the HMI Design department.
• The department consist of a true cross-functional team where inter-disciplinary focus, innovation and drive are highly valued.
• You will work in close collaboration with the Interior, Exterior, Seats & Component, and CFM Design teams.
• You will also have close cooperation with Design Brand & Innovation department, Engineering, Marketing and Product planning.
Responsibilities and tasks:
• Main contact person towards project stakeholders (See list below)
• Plan and execute workshop in Sweden or China according to project needs.
• Create user stories based on input from stakeholders and external Product Owners.
• Define these user stories and plan all project task.
• Manage project expectations
• Set UX1-UX4 delivery time plan (UX concepts and Visual design) for an HMI project
• Responsible for project deliveries, and that these deliveries have the level of quality expected by all stakeholders. For example, HMI and Graphics specifications are possible to implement, ASPICE compliant etc.
• Provide UX statement to stakeholders in regard to; Change requests, Product attribute profile, Function implementation meeting, etc.
• Drive the Way-of-Working with suppliers & test department.
• For example, where to deliver specifications, ensure that there is a Q&A process, Software issue management
• Reporting status and time plan to DPL, VLD and VLE
• Together with Creative Chiefs, make final judgement on whether UX concept achieves quality and meets expectations according to the user story.
• Create work packages/task to the development team as well as handle the weekly backlog towards the development/design team
• Negotiate ambition level of work packages towards the team to ensure right quality and content at the right time
• Manage resource balancing between task on a daily basis, ensuring that productivity and quality is according to requirements
• Handle stoppers/blockers/decisions that the developers/designers encounter, to ensure delivery on time and with the right quality
• Report production capacity of the team towards external Product owners, Design and Project management as well as Suppliers
• Manage the weekly scope and progress and report to stakeholders
• Handle daily communication with project and suppliers
• Handle work-related meetings towards the development team
• Be an ambassador for UX in various forums both within the organization and externally to stakeholders and customers
• B.Sc. Interaction design, Industrial or transportation design or a Master’s degree in any of the previously mentioned educations. We are looking after the combination of this disciplines.
• Experience of managing projects and project teams
• Relevant working experience within UX/UI, GUI design and prototyping
• Ability to drive, motivate and convince.
• Persistency to pursue targets and take decisions
• Communicative with good verbal and visual presentation skills.
• Independent and confident as well as a good team player
• Structured, methodical, and analytical with good planning skills. Ability to understand and analyze requirements from upper management.
• Highly motivated, flexible, and able to work under constrained time schedules
• Cultural awareness, especially Asian and European culture
• Automotive experience is an advantage.
• English, spoken and written
• Driver’s license
• Additional information
• Travels to Asia may be needed, approx. 2-3 trips per year (when travel becomes possible again)
• Each individual in our team has a high level of responsibility and mandate and is expected to be able to work autonomously.