Electrical Distribution Systems Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Electrical Distribution Systems Engineer
- Our Client currently has an exciting opportunity for an EDS Engineer to join our Electronics Department based in Surrey.
- Design and development tasks relating to high and low voltage wiring and fusing systems, component packaging and electrical power distribution including the creation of specifications, drawings, reports, and sign-off documentation.
- Support for the preparation and approval of component data sheets and schematics in conjunction with other function groups, our technical partners, and Tier 1 suppliers.
- Guidance to ensure that wiring and electrical hardware are correctly located and packaged in accordance with installation, environmental and EMC requirements.
- Participation in all system review, verification & validation activities.
- Fault identification and resolution including management of issues to closure.
- Tier 1 supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement, Logistics and Quality throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provision of support and training to Manufacturing and Service departments.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Demonstrable experience of electrical distribution system development - specifically circuit design, wiring/fusing systems and electrical packaging.
- Experience in design for good electrical and EMC performance.
- Knowledge of hybrid electrical vehicle architectures and wiring systems would be advantageous.
- Experience of visualisation using CATIA or lightweight file viewers would be useful.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, quality planning, PPAP etc.).
- Articulate, self-motivated, and able to work well on own initiative.
- Possession of an Electronics, Control Systems, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree. Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.