Project Engineer ADAS
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Project Engineer ADAS
- Our Client currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer ADAS, to join our Electronics Team in Shalford, Surrey.
- Engineering, development, integration, and validation of ADAS and safety systems (autonomous braking, pedestrian detection, blind spot recognition, adaptive cruise control, and airbag control systems) into the overall vehicle electrical architecture in collaboration with Tier 1 suppliers.
- Development and maintenance of the timing plan, system, and validation requirements.
- Guidance to EDS and Packaging Teams to ensure that control units and peripherals are correctly located and packaged in accordance with installation and wiring requirements.
- Manage compliance with any necessary functional safety, environmental and EMC requirements.
- Participation in system review, verification & validation activities including FMEAs, EMC and functionality tests throughout the development lifecycle.
- Represent the Electrical Department at programme level in status meetings, gateways, financial reviews, and engineering reviews.
- Fault identification and resolution including management of issues to closure. Acting as an authority for concessions.
- Supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement, Logistics and Quality throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provision of support and training to Manufacturing and Service departments.
- Proven track record ADAS systems or component delivery within an automotive engineering environment.
- Demonstrable understanding of electrical architectures and underlying network and diagnostic technologies.
- Demonstrable understanding of control unit software application architectures and development methods.
- Working knowledge of CAN, FlexRay, automotive ethernet, LIN networks and vehicle diagnostics
- Working knowledge of relevant ADAS standards, ISO26262 and EuroNCAP would be an advantage.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, quality planning, PPAP etc.) and full product lifecycle activities.
- Articulate, self-motivated, and able to work well on own initiative.
- Possession of an Electronics, Control Systems, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree. Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
- Full driving licence is essential.
- No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
- This job description may not detail some less major duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by the Management Team.