Panel Assembly Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Panel Assembly Engineer
- Our Client is a world-leading automotive design company, we have gained a global reputation as a pioneer of lightweight and efficient vehicles, taking a highly innovative approach to all aspects of vehicle design, development and production.
- They currently have an exciting opportunity for a Panel Assembly Engineer - Manufacturing to join our Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Shalford, Surrey.
- Reporting to the Chief Engineer - Manufacturing, the primary responsibility of this role is to ensure that the iStream� superlight technology continues to be developed and matured from a technical and manufacturing perspective.
- Whilst providing support to the Clients- teams to ensure the company can deliver projects in a professional, cost effective and timely manner.
- The key elements of the Manufacturing function are to ensure that the iStream� superlight technology is developed and matured from an engineering and manufacturing perspective to allow the start of production to commence and go forward unabated, as well as contributing proactively to the continual progression of the iStream� process.
- Additionally, the Manufacturing function provides support to the Clients- team during the final industrialisation of Clients- innovative iStream� automotive manufacturing process.
- This role is expected to work with the teams on how to implement the iStream� superlight technology in practice.
- This will involve determining what technical data and information is required and support creating design and manufacturing guidelines for the assembly (bonding and mechanical fixing) of composite parts to the vehicle primary structures.
- The person filling the role will be the practical composite assembly expert within the company.
Experience and Qualifications:
It is anticipated that this person has:
- Extensive programme engineering/management experience in composite assembly to vehicles in projects, including PPAP, PSW, PFMEA and Control Plans
- Extensive knowledge of assembly (both mechanical and adhesive) techniques and processes for composite parts including industrial plastic, autoclave and press formed components
- Knowledge of composite materials (both fabrics and matrix systems), manufacturing techniques and processes including industrial plastic, autoclave and press forming technologies preferable
- Knowledge of additive manufacturing materials and technologies for composite components assembly preferable