Component & Systems Software Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
£31.82 Umbrella / £28.42 Ltd Co
Position Title: Component & Systems Software Engineer
Division: Electrical Engineering
• Expertise in Kubernetes and Containerisation.
• This must include the use of managed services such as GKE, EKS or AKS.
• Any experience with Service Mesh such as Istio desirable.
• Expertise in infrastructure as code (Iac) and from a CI/CD perspective.
• Tools such as Terraform, Ansible and/or Cloudformation.
• Managed IaC through pipeline tools such Gitlab, Jenkins or GoCD. Deploying observability platforms such as DataDog, Elasticsearch or an open source equivalent such as Grafana and Prometheus.
• Development and enhancement of platform infrastructure
• Development and enhancement of CI/CD pipelines
• Development and enhancement of platform security and security practices
• Maintaining and/or improving cloud compute costs
• Work with product teams to ensure systems are secure, scalable and reliable
• Driving initiatives to automate processes and reduce toil
• Review deployment and operational environments, troubleshoot issues and managing technical operations
• Monitoring and dash-boarding for application observability
• Strong advocate for DevOps practices with experience building CI/CD pipelines
• Location: Manchester