Pillar Liaison Manager
RECRUITER TEL NO.
£43.57 Umbrella / £38.74 ltd co
Position Title: Pillar Liaison Manager
Location: Multiple Locations
Division: Human Resources
• Pillar Liaison Manager
• Our Client is undergoing a business wide transformation programme.
• REFOCUS is a new organisation-wide transformation strategy which will see the Clients’ right-size, repurpose and reorganise into a more agile operation.
• The intent of the programme is to empower employees to create and deliver at speed and with clear purpose.
• This role sits in the Learning Academy and is responsible for linkage between nominated transformation Pillars (typically different areas) and the HR work stream in respect of Capability requirements.
• Close to the Transformation activities the role will be accountable for building clear requirements for capability development in order to deliver future business success.
• Building clear business cases, assessing audiences, and identifying relevant enterprise stakeholders will be vital to scope clear packages of work which will be tackled by the HR Capability team using an Agile operating framework.
• This will enable squads to specify, source, or build the optimal solutions in a timely manner covering a diverse range of topics from specific technical skills growth, through to new ways of working that adopt and enhanced career long learning.
• Effective operation will result from the role holder having outstanding partnering skills, a strong awareness of capability and learning development approaches / solutions, a pragmatic approach to being a key voice of the customer during agile sprints, engaging in decisions, identifying and coordinating relevant subject matter experts who can collaborate, co-create and validate, ensuring that solutions are adopted consistently and robustly, at all times keeping all parties connected on progress and tracking relevant KPI’s.
• Key Performance Indicators - Timely solutions which address the prioritised top technical skills to enable learners and their leaders to engage and apply new learning to enable enhanced personal, team and business performance.
• Effective flow of clearly scoped requirements to form a product backlog and support the prioritisation of these requirements based on business value with the wider solution teams.
• Transparent information sharing on requirements, progress and timing.
• Alignment of solutions to support our business shift to Agile practices.
• Stakeholder satisfaction with solutions delivered using a Agile / Minimum Viable Product approach
• Essential: Experience of partnering with senior business stakeholders / working on complex projects, and proven track record of successful delivery with impact.
• Significant experience / ability to understanding the steps in building technical learning solutions.
• Able to identify the types of resources and estimate the size of different work items.
• Knowledgeable in Learning and Development methodologies (eg competency frameworks, learning needs analysis, adult learning pedagogy, approaches to assessment and evaluation).
• Able to challenge behaviours and actions which do not support the targeted change, and understand the cause of any barriers in order to make progress.
• Experience of writing requirements and communicating to others.
• Experience of working with multiple stake holders at all levels to identify needs and build solutions.
• A working knowledge of UK academic qualification levels (2 to 7)
• Experience of planning, sequencing and phasing projects
• Degree qualified or equivalent experience
• Desirable: A clear awareness of the trends affecting the sector, and the impact this may have on technical skill requirements for the transformation pillars and the wider enterprise.
• Experience of working with external providers to deliver technical skills/learning solutions, including writing clear statements of work, identifying and supporting the selection of potential delivery partners.
• Experience of working with multiple stake holders at all levels to identify, design, build and deploy effective technical skills / learning solutions which are cost effective.
• Track record of change management and evaluating the impact of change.
• A degree or equivalent experience in an engineering / change management or a technical discipline
• A good understanding of the third-party providers to collate, recommend and propose solutions.
• Applied experience of developing learning / technical skills solutions in areas such as quality / IT / technology / cyber/ data / agile
• Applied experience of developing learning solutions in areas such as HR / strategic workforce planning / business intelligent systems / data analytics
• Experience in building business cases, prioritising requirements, and evaluating effectiveness.
• Partner with the transformation pillars to ensure technical capability agenda is aligned, adopted and engaged with to facilitate the development of solutions by the solution Squads (Scrum Teams) and Technical capability Planning team
• Develop the clear business case and drive prioritisation of pillar requirements and needs.
• Drive clarity over pillar user groups / audiences and volumes to determine learning needs, development solutions and their scale.
• Understanding scarce / critical skills, and reviewing holistically how these requirements can be developed e.g. reskilling, upskilling, new hire, entry level skills growth and having a strong appreciation on what it takes to grow, embed and apply these to bring real business value.
• Support pilot deployment of new solutions including supporting coordination with Purchasing, Finance and wider Client Academy teams.
• Work as part of Pillar Liaison team, to ensure requirements from different Pillars remain aligned, and that opportunities for enterprise-wide solutions are realised to enable economies of scale, remove duplication, standardise when appropriate and optimise cost.