Senior Technical Capability Planning Specialist
RECRUITER TEL NO.
£33.42 Umbrella / £29.82 Ltd Co
Position Title: Senior Technical Capability Planning Specialist
Location: Gaydon & Whitley
Division: Human Resources
• Senior Technical Capability Planning Specialist This role sits in the Learning Academy and operates in an agile methodology and mindset within the REFOCUS Capability and Technical Excellence transformation team.
• This role is responsible for supporting the effective planning and prioritisation of identified solutions to support a number of Capability Squads (Scrum Teams) in the creation of new technical skills, learning solutions, policies and working practices to enable our business transformation across the enterprise and will handle requirements from all Transformation Pillars.
• Knowledge, Skills and Experience Essential: Significant experience of the prioritisation, planning and development of technical learning solutions.
• Experience of monitoring / tracking / maintaining progress for multiple activities / requirements.
• Some experience of using project management systems in an organisation of size / complexity
• Previous experience in a similar role with a proven track record of successful delivery with impact
• Experience of working with external providers to deliver learning and competency growth from novice through to expert Able to use a range of data to make effective decisions, assess and mitigate risks.
• Able to estimate time, cost, complexity, value and ROI of proposals Degree qualified or equivalent experience
• Knowledge, Skills and Experience Desirable: degree or equivalent experience, ideally within a technical or capability related discipline.
• Experience of using JIRA / Confluence
• A good understanding of the third-party providers who can provide learning, their methods of working and typical cost profile.
• Applied experience of developing learning / technical skills solutions in areas such as quality / IT / technology / cyber/ data / agile / supply chain.
• Applied experience of developing learning processes / policies in areas such as HR / strategic workforce planning / business intelligent systems
• Experience of writing concise requirements, and assessing risks
• Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities Effectively plan and structure work packages / epics and capabilities to enable the creation of high-quality technical skills / learning solutions defined in conjunction with the REFOCUS transformation pillars.
• Contribute to the review of requirements and identification of those of greatest value / return on investment.
• Support robust scope definition and prioritisation of work packages working with the Transformation Pillar Liaison team and the capability Squads (Scrum Teams), to support effective task deployment across the squads maintaining and tracking progression and expected availability of solutions to equip other stakeholders with reliable up to date information.
• Work with other stakeholders to gather relevant data and help schedule Subject Matter Expertise support to capability Squads sprint activities to truly leverage existing knowledge, case studies and business application from close partnership and collaboration.
• Enable Alignment of solutions to support our shift to increased Agility so that our people can create and deliver at speed with clear purpose.
• To build on and complement prior learning and support a culture of continuous growth and career long learning in all its forms.
• Oversees and works in conjunction with the Technical Capability Planning Specialist.
• Support Scrum Teams in effective solution development through building effective working practices through collaboration with wider business communities, leadership teams, and subject matter experts.
• Establish and monitor acceptance criteria for technical skills solutions.
• Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities Cont. Maintain awareness of external trends and practices which influence future needs and engage with external networks where necessary providing support to external meetings where necessary.
• Contribute to the sharing of lessons learnt across the Scrum Teams from previous solutions developments Support the effective piloting of major technical skills solutions to ensure readiness for volume delivery and that delivery teams have all the necessary information to execute consistently and effectively.