Body and Security Design and release Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
£20.73 Umbrella / £18.67 Ltd Co
Position Title: Body and Security Design and release Engineer
Duration: Rolling Contract
Division: Product Development
• Body and Security Design and release Engineer
• EESE Body Electronics Module CV Application Engineer
• Design and release engineer for Body and Security electronics components, software and features for Commercial Vehicle applications.
• Develop product and feature definitions, assumptions and targets with Marketing, Program Planning and Program Management.
• Lead engineering tasks to support programme milestones and gateways
• Design, develop, integrate and test hardware and software to meet feature and system specification requirements, to program targets (cost, weight and timing).
• Lead sourcing with Purchasing, Finance and Cost Estimating.
• Project manage high volume electronics suppliers to deliver the required engineering development and testing support.
• Support packaging of sensors and ECUs meeting functional design rules in CAD and associated DPA requirements.
• Lead compatibility review process, cascading requirements to interfacing components and modules
• Support latest software processes, CAN message lists, signal database development, and cyber security.
• Plan and coordinate design verification and validation testing to support engineering sign off gateways (HiL, SiL, Buck, Vehicle)
• Support prototype builds and production launches at vehicle assembly plants.
• Support manufacturing requirements, diagnostics and EOL compatibility.
• Lead investigations and resolutions for any test failures, launch issues and customer quality concerns.
• Support programme meetings, monitor delivery performance and conduct weekly status report outs to management to forums.
• Use lessons learnt, quality data, and FMA tools for continuous improvement
• Demonstrate the application and deployment of design methodologies, engineering processes and quality tools.
• Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and PC based apps.
• Project management skills with a thorough attention to detail.
• Able to demonstrate initiative, perseverance, and liaison skills working with a global team
• Knowledge of the Clients Global Product Development System and the Clients’ Engineering Tools and Processes: VSEM, GPDS, eFDVS, AVBOM, WERS,AIMS, Teamcenter.
• Experience in electrical or electronic systems, hardware and/or software.
• Fully conversant in all Design & Release tools (WERS / GPDS etc) Minimum of 2-years of PT Development experience.
• Systems engineering, vehicle testing, automotive electronics
• Engineering degree or equivalent or two thirds of a degree course completed with commitment to complete studies.
• Minimum of 2:2 Engineering degree in: Automotive Engineering, Electronic Systems, or Electrical Engineering.
• Other Engineering/pure science degrees will be considered on a case to case basis.