Project Engineer Chassis and Powertrain Systems
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Danielle Placey 1
Gordon Murray Electronics currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer Chassis and Powertrain Systems to join their Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Warwick, Midlands.
- Systems development and integration support to the Chassis and Powertrain function groups for the implementation of chassis and powertrain electrical/electronic systems into the overall vehicle electrical architecture. Chassis and Powertrain electronics systems include steering, cooling, braking, ABS/ESP, TPMS, fuelling, transmission, and drivetrain system
- Integration support in terms of network integration, distributed functions, signal database requirements and interaction with UI systems.
- Guidance to ensure that control units and peripherals are correctly located and packaged in accordance with installation and wiring requirements.
- Management of technical deliverables, project plans and open issues decks for assigned systems.
- Compliance with any necessary legislative, certification, environmental and EMC requirements.
- Specification and development oversight of software features and functions in conjunction with their technical partners and Tier 1 suppliers. Support to ensure compliance with process driven development.
- Participation in system review, verification & validation activities including FMEAs, DVP planning, ISO26262 functional safety, EMC, and other tests throughout the development lifecycle.
- Hands-on electrical development and testing in collaboration with testing and validation colleagues. Fault identification and resolution including management of issues to closure.
- Tier 1 supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement, Logistics and Quality throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provision of support and training to Manufacturing and Service departments including development of service procedures and diagnostic functionality.
- Significant relevant experience of electrical systems or component delivery within an automotive engineering environment.
- Demonstrable understanding of electrical architectures and underlying network and diagnostic technologies.
- Experience of project engineering with Tier 1 suppliers, preparation of project documentation and reports. Risk management, mitigation, and recovery planning.
- Working knowledge of CAN, FlexRay, automotive ethernet, LIN networks and vehicle diagnostics.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, DVP, quality planning, PPAP etc) and full product lifecycle activities.
- Articulate,-self-motivated, and able to work well on own initiative.--
- Possession of an-Electronics, Control Systems,-Automotive or similar honours engineering-degree. Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience-will-be considered.-
- Full driving licence is essential.
- No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
This job description may not detail some duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by the Management Team.