Project Engineer - Support and Integration
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Danielle Placey 1
Gordon Murray Electronics currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer Support & Integration to join their Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Warwick, Midlands.
- First-on-the-scene support engineer to identify and support the resolution of electrical systems issues identified during all stages of the development lifecycle from rigs through to in-market tests of production level vehicles and everything in between.
- In conjunction with the Electrical function group, other function groups, Tier 1 suppliers, and their technical partners, quickly and efficiently support issues investigation/resolution, software, and hardware upgrades in the UK and overseas.
- Vehicle fault analysis - use of diagnostic software toolsets, schematics, and specifications to identify and resolve vehicle and lab-car based issues.
- Submission and updating of fault reports via a cloud-based issues management system and raising of concern reports for build related systems issues.
- Build support and maintenance for test vehicles, lab car and other rigs e.g.,infotainment etc.
- Support for other verification/validation activities including in-market testing, rig testing, hardware-in-the-loop testing, EMC testing, telematics, and system calibration. Generation of test plans and reports.
- Training and support for colleagues in the Workshop and Vehicle Development.
- Provision of information and training to Manufacturing and After-sales departments.
- Track record of working as an expert electrical technician or electrical systems engineer within an automotive workshop or automotive OE/Tier 1 environment.
- Ability to understand both basic system features and functions through to distributed functionality and complex electrical content.
- Good hands-on understanding of vehicle electrical networks and systems (CAN, LIN and discrete signalling). Specific training will be provided where necessary.
- Practical experience of using laptop-based vehicle diagnostic toolchains and lab equipment (multi-meters, oscilloscopes etc.)
- Practical experience of working with vehicle harness diagrams and system schematics.
- Must be able to work on their own initiative and prioritise their workload in conjunction with key stakeholders. Willingness to establish themselves as the go-to person for electrical system issues.
- Flexible, enthusiastic, and self-motivated with good communication skills.
- Must enjoy working under pressure and be flexible with regards to working location and travel.
- At least HNC/HND or degree educated in an electrical/electronic/software discipline (other qualifications with relevant experience will be considered).
- Full driving licence is essential.
- No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
This job description may not detail some fewer major duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by the Management Team.