Project Engineer - Interior Electronics
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Danielle Placey 1
Gordon Murray Electronics currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer - Interior Electronics to join their Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Warwick, Midlands.
- Realisation of interior electronics switch gear and controls as part of the overall UI/UX design of their vehicle projects using a combination of new, modified and carryover components in conjunction with the Tier 1 suppliers.
- In conjunction with the Styling and Product Management teams, define and incorporate the materials, finishes, colours, illumination, and symbols required to meet the UI/UX attributes of the vehicle interior.
- Integration of interior electronics into the overall vehicle electrical network architecture and vehicle package.
- Guidance to ensure that control units and peripherals are correctly located and packaged in accordance with installation and wiring requirements.
- Specify and lead all activities relating to compliance with any necessary legislative, environmental and EMC requirements.
- Participation in all system review, verification & validation activities including FMEAs, ISO26262 functional safety, EMC, and functionality tests.
- Fault identification and resolution including management of issues to closure.
- Tier 1 supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement, Logistics and Quality throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provision of support and training to Manufacturing and Service departments.
- Proven track record of project engineering of interior controls/electronics within automotive/aerospace/home electronics/industrial electronics engineering environments.
- Demonstrable understanding of all aspects of interior electronics design (e.g. materials, finishes, illumination, haptics, durability, electronics, and package).
- Hands on experience of CATIA, Solidworks or other relevant CAD toolchain would be advantageous.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, quality planning, PPAP etc).
- Possession of an Electronics, Controls, Mechanical or relevant honours engineering degree. Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
- Full driving licence is essential.
- No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
This job description may not detail some duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by the Management Team.