Electrical Systems - Verification and Test Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Danielle Placey 1
Gordon Murray Electronics currently have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Systems Test and Validation Engineer to join their Design, Development and Engineering Centre based n Warwick, Midlands.
- Test and validation of new hardware and software releases to meet the requirements of the vehicle timing and development plan in conjunction with supplier, system owners and vehicle development.
- The specification, development, and management of detailed testing requirements to be implemented for systems and sub-systems in the vehicle electrical architecture.
- Define testing strategies and specify test assets required to successfully achieve test and validation aspirations for the project e.g., lab-cars, rigs, chambers, test vehicles etc
- Test and validation of all aspects of feature and function development from simple single ECU functions through to safety relevant distributed functions.
- Provide technical and project oversight for test and validation of electronics related developments undertaken by their technical partners and Tier 1 suppliers. Ensure compliance with formal testing and reporting methods.
- In conjunction with the software and controls engineers, track the development progress and maturity of feature/function and application development. Co ordinate multi-party activities to ensure synchronised delivery to facilitate productive test and validation activities.
- In conjunction with the software and controls engineers, support the management of technical deliverables such as Feature Implementation Plans, software timing plans, issues trackers, signals databases and open issues decks.
- Participation in system review, verification & validation activities including FMEAs, DVP planning, ISO26262 functional safety and other tests throughout the development lifecycle.
- Provision of support and training to Manufacturing and Service departments including development of service procedures and diagnostic functionality.
- Significant relevant experience of vehicle/system/sub-system test and validation within an automotive, aerospace or e-mobility engineering environment.
- Demonstrable understanding of electrical architectures, system networks and diagnostic technologies.
- Working knowledge of software architectures, test and validation strategies and development environments.
- Working knowledge of CAN, FlexRay, automotive ethernet, LIN networks and vehicle diagnostics.
- Experience of project engineering with Tier 1 suppliers, preparation of project documentation and reports. Risk management, mitigation, and recovery planning.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, DVP, quality planning, PPAP etc) and full product lifecycle activities.
- Articulate, self-motivated, and able to work well on own initiative.
- Possession of an Electronics, Control Systems, Software Engineering, Automotive or similar hontheirs engineering degree. Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
- Full driving licence is essential.
- No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
This job description may not detail some duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by the Management Team.