Senior Learning Engagement Specialist
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Studio & CAS
Position Title: Senior Learning Engagement Specialist
Division: Human Resources
• This role sits in the Learning Academy and operates using an agile methodology and mind-set to build and deploy new learning systems, process and solutions for technical capability growth of the business.
• Our established REFOCUS programme is transforming our business with a focus on agility and employee empowerment to create and deliver at speed and with clear purpose. Capability of our people is a foundation for effective agile operations, and our newly launched Purpose focus identifies Growth as a primary element.
• To support our transformation and enable our people to deliver our ambitious plans we are significantly expanding our learning team so that we can support even more capability growth across the business. We are establishing additional development squads and learning support roles, but to bring this together and maximise impact will require effective engagement and communication with our target audience.
• Our goal is to create a great learning experience for our employees, to achieve this will require careful planning when new solutions are being built, in order to inform, educate and excite relevant groups to engage in developing their skills.
• This role will be responsible for building, deploying, coordinating and reviewing the effectiveness of our communication and engagement plans for our learning and development offering – tailored to suit a diverse and geographically dispersed audience.
• Our approach to capability growth adopts a blended learning approach – face-to-face, e-learning, accredited courses, on the job learning, professional networks, and lunch and learn activities to create a diverse range of offering which is constantly live to address our employee’s needs at any stage in their career and in support of both upskilling and reskilling.
Key Performance Indicators
• Timely creation and impact of internal communications to promote learning solutions and activities available from the Clients’ Academy to potential learners and business leaders.
• Weekly updates on engagement initiatives, engagement levels, responses, queries and conversion rates
• Learner experience feedback metrics from surveys.
• Reduce time from enquiry to commencing learning – including engagement and feedback in selection / assessment where appropriate.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Shape, develop and deploy an engaging internal communications strategy that supports and promotes the Clients’ Learning Academy ensuring all communications represent the company values, ethos, and purpose and transformation deliverables.
• Create editorial material for established internal communication channels – (newsletters and social media) including the profiling of new initiatives with senior internal sponsors, and the development of personal learner stories from those undertaking or completing development.
• Work closely with learning development squads, Product Owners, internal stakeholders, marketing and comms team to build tailored strategies for key projects in line with 2-week sprint cycles understanding target audiences (ranging from first job through to executive growth).
• Build and deploy simple internal processes for development squads to adopt during sprints, to provide relevant and timely information required to build targeted learner engagement in the most efficient way, embedding these actions into our sprint activities tracked in JIRA.
• Support the on-going evolution of the Clients’ Learning Academy branding across a range of assets and platforms to ensure a consistent, accessible and identifiable offering.
• Plan, coordinate and support launch events.
• Build strong working relationships with our development partners (internal subject matter experts, and external training providers) to maximise exposure.
• Enhance and simplify enrolment practices and ensure transparency of programme schedules and commitments.
• Prepare campaigns, infographics, launch materials, and presentations with visual impact.
• Track engagement and provide post-campaign analysis.
• Identify opportunities to evolve the development of internal knowledge sharing networks, and learning platforms considering user experience, and user interface.
• Identify opportunities and strategies for external promotion of the Clients’ Learning Academy – including the value of the offer to potential and new employees.
• Conduct regular external benchmarking to ensure internal offer remains competitive in a rapidly changing environment.
• Internal learning development squads, and Product Owners
• Internal Technical Capability Project Office.
• Internal stakeholders and programme sponsors
• Internal Marketing and Comms teams.
• Subject Matter Experts from relevant business areas.
• External learning delivery partners.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Credible and confident communicator (Written and verbal) able to work with all levels.
• Excellent attention to detail, planning, and time management to define clear plans, and deliver quickly.
• Experience in the targeted use of multi-channel initiatives and campaigns, their relative cost, and success rates.
• Self-motivated and comfortable progressing work closely integrated with others or alone.
• Business acumen and commercially aware to match campaigns to business value and scale. Data literate and able to ask the right questions and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
• Experienced in building written and graphical communication. Able to consistently adopt company standards and protocols whilst bringing new innovation and ideas.
• Good IT skills – Office tools and dedicated packages in the support of media creation.
• Embraces diversity and inclusion in their approach to their work.
• Solid understanding of Blended Approaches to delivering learning.
• Previous experience of working in a learning / education environment.
• Previous experience of creating visually rich communications
• Experience of directly supporting customer service / experience.
• Experience of Net Promotor Score, and feedback mechanisms
• Experience of building communications and engagement for technical / digital / scientific audiences.
• Experience of hosting launch / kick of events / and facilitating feedback sessions.
• Understanding of Learning Management Systems
• An individual who embraces the differences and unique abilities which everyone can bring, working together and empowering others to deliver
• An individual who will take the initiative and sees failure as an opportunity to learn and grow
• An individual who builds trust wherever or whoever they are working with and is confident to speak the truth
• An individual who is results driven, demonstrates, tenacity, drive and perseverance, with the ability to deliver in a complex, highly demanding environment.
• An individual who is resilient, energetic and enthusiastic, able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding positively to rapidly changing priorities
• An effective team player, who can identify clear learning outcomes, which are focussed and will make impact, and who is comfortable challenging to ensure real needs are identified and quantified, and who can guide on the appropriate format of solutions to be deployed.
• An individual who is able to manage complexity and track the progression of multiple parallel projects with different customer groups.
• An individual who is able to develop relationships with key customers and can use their experience and personal style to ensure that high performance is maintained.
• A good communicator who can communicate complex ideas to a range of audiences.
• An individual who can make decisions and keep projects moving ahead through their own actions.
• Experience of working in an Agile methodology and mind-set
• An inherent capability to work within and optimise the use of available budgets, constantly driving continuous improvement and efficiency gains as part of doing normal business.