Pillar Liaison Manager
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Pillar Liaison Manager
Duration: 12 Month Rolling Contract
Location: Multiple Location
Division: Human Resources
• Our Client is undergoing a business wide transformation programme.
• REFOCUS is a new organisation-wide transformation strategy, which will see the Client right size, repurpose and reorganise into a more agile operation.
• The intent of the programme is to empower employees to create and deliver at speed and with clear purpose.
• This role sits in the Learning Academy and is responsible for linkage between nominated transformation Pillars (typically different areas) and the HR work stream in respect of Capability requirements.
• Close to the Transformation activities, the role will be accountable for building clear requirements for capability development in order to deliver future business success.
• Building clear business cases, assessing audiences, and identifying relevant enterprise stakeholders will be vital to scope clear packages of work, which will be tackled by the HR Capability team using an Agile-operating framework.
• This will enable “Squads” to specify, source, or build the optimal solutions in a timely manner covering a diverse range of topics from specific technical skills growth, through to new ways of working that adopt and enhanced career long learning.
• Effective operation will result from the role holder having outstanding partnering skills, a strong awareness of capability and learning development approaches / solutions, a pragmatic approach to being a key voice of the customer during agile sprints, engaging in decisions, identifying and coordinating relevant subject matter experts who can collaborate, co-create and validate, ensuring that solutions are adopted consistently and robustly, at all times keeping all parties connected on progress and tracking relevant KPI’s.
Key Performance Indicators
• Timely solutions which address the prioritised top technical skills to enable learners and their leaders to engage and apply new learning to enable enhanced personal, team and business performance.
• Effective flow of clearly scoped requirements to form a ‘product backlog’ and support the prioritisation of these requirements based on business value with the wider solution teams.
• Transparent information sharing on requirements, progress and timing.
• Alignment of solutions to support our business shift to Agile practices.
• Stakeholder satisfaction with solutions delivered using an Agile / Minimum Viable Product approach
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Partner with the transformation pillars to ensure technical capability agenda is aligned, adopted and engaged with to facilitate the development of solutions by the solution ‘Squads’ (Scrum Teams) and ‘Technical capability Planning team’.
• Develop the clear business case and drive prioritisation of pillar requirements and needs.
• Drive clarity over pillar user groups / audiences and volumes to determine learning needs, development solutions and their scale. Understanding scarce / critical skills and reviewing holistically how these requirements can be developed. E.g. reskilling, upskilling, new hire, entry-level skills growth and having a strong appreciation on what it takes to grow, embed and apply these to bring real business value.
• Support pilot deployment of new solutions – including supporting coordination with Purchasing, Finance and wider Client Academy teams.
• Work as part of Pillar Liaison team, to ensure requirements from different Pillars remain aligned, and that opportunities for enterprise-wide solutions are realised to enable economies of scale, remove duplication, standardise when appropriate and optimise cost.
• Work with the business to identify and align relevant subject matter experts to support the Scrum Teams to ensure that work is appropriately prioritised, assigned, and delivered to a high-quality standard within agreed timescales. In some cases, this may include suppliers, or external partners.
• Support Scrum Teams in effective solution development through building effective working practices through collaboration with wider business communities, leadership teams, and subject matter experts.
• Monitoring and check in with the Scrum Teams to represent the voice of the customer and/or organise relevant business representation to confirm development solution is appropriate for pillar requirements and needs.
• Assist the Technical Capability Planning team to identify acceptance criteria for technical skills solutions and key performance indicators
• Keep abreast of external trends and practices, which influence future needs and engage with external networks where necessary, always representing the company’s best interests when attending external meetings or working with third parties on either a national or a local level.
• Track business engagement with solutions defined and developed and monitor the adoption, gather and assess feedback, and track relevant KPI’s.
• Support the evolution of the transformation activities and how the Learning Academy will need to continue to adapt enable the provision of the best learning, services and practices.
• Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time.
• Internal stakeholders mainly in the transformation pillar work streams.
• Subject Matter Experts from relevant business areas.
• Purchasing teams
• The Clients’ Talent and People Capability teams
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Experience of collaborating with senior business stakeholders / working on complex projects, and proven track record of successful delivery with impact.
• Significant experience / ability to understanding the steps in building technical learning solutions. Able to identify the types of resources and estimate the size of different work items.
• Knowledgeable in Learning and Development methodologies (e.g. competency frameworks, learning needs analysis, adult learning pedagogy, approaches to assessment and evaluation).
• Able to challenge behaviours and actions, which do not support the targeted change, and understand the cause of any barriers in order to make progress.
• Experience of writing requirements and communicating to others.
• Experience of working with multiple stakeholders at all levels to identify needs and build solutions.
• A working knowledge of UK academic qualification levels (2 to 7)
• Experience of planning, sequencing and phasing projects
• Degree qualified or equivalent experience
• A clear awareness of the trends affecting the sector, and the impact this may have on technical skill requirements for the transformation pillars and the wider enterprise.
• Experience of working with external providers to deliver technical skills/learning solutions, including writing clear statements of work, identifying and supporting the selection of potential delivery partners.
• Experience of working with multiple stakeholders at all levels to identify, design, build and deploy effective technical skills / learning solutions, which are cost effective.
• Track record of change management and evaluating the impact of change.
• A degree or equivalent experience in an engineering / change management or a technical discipline
• A good understanding of the third-party providers to collate, recommend and propose solutions.
• Applied experience of developing learning / technical skills solutions in areas such as quality / IT / technology / cyber/ data / agile
• Applied experience of developing learning solutions in areas such as HR / strategic workforce planning / business intelligent systems / data analytics
• Experience in building business cases, prioritising requirements, and evaluating effectiveness.
• An individual who embraces the differences and unique abilities which everyone can bring, working together and empowering others to deliver
• An individual who will take the initiative and sees failure as an opportunity to learn and grow
• An individual who builds trust wherever or whoever they are working with and is confident to speak the truth
• An individual who is results driven, demonstrates, tenacity, drive and perseverance, with the ability to deliver in a complex, highly demanding environment.
• An individual who is resilient, energetic and enthusiastic, able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding positively to rapidly changing priorities
• An individual with a strong set of experiences in an engineering / technical discipline who also understands the concepts and practices in adult learning to evaluate and priorities the design and development of programmes.
• An effective team player, who understands the need to build a team who can work with stakeholders to build a clear set of learning outcomes, which are focussed and will make impact.
• Who is comfortable challenging to ensure real needs are identified and quantified, and who can guide on the appropriate format of solutions, which could be deployed.
• An individual who is able to manage complexity in respect of the wide range of factors in identifying and prioritising successful learning interventions through being able to balance conflicting demands of content, cost, learner availability, learner numbers, duration, geography, learner demographics etc.
• An individual who is able to develop relationships with key customers and can use their experience and personal style to ensure that high performance is maintained.
• An individual who embraces the opportunity to adopt digital forms of delivery and knowledge transfer where appropriate to support a cultural shift away from face-to-face learning
• An individual who is results driven and demonstrates tenacity, resilience and perseverance and can engage others to support their goals to good effect.
• A good communicator who can communicate complex ideas to a range of audiences
• An individual who enables speed in decision making through establishing alignment, clarity, appropriate resources and sense of urgency whilst bringing others along.
• Experience of working in an Agile methodology and mind-set
• Experience of pitching and selling a project and able to articulate the value, relevance and business reason for that project.
• An inherent capability to work within and optimise the use of available budgets, constantly driving continuous improvement and efficiency gains as part of doing normal business.
• Whitley or Gaydon