RECRUITER TEL NO.
Body & Trim
Position Title: Concept Engineer
Function: Attribute and Architecture – Concept development
• The concept engineer uses their extensive knowledge and experience to lead the geometric integration of vehicle architecture and concepts across the development units, product design, and manufacturing.
• The Concept Engineer shall secure the delivery of the correct concept maturity at the applicable milestones, finalized at program start, with respect to complete vehicle geometric integration ensuring product target balancing is met.
• Reports to Vehicle Concept Leader
• Conducting packaging studies and creating pre-requisites and set-up criteria for top hat variants.
• Ensuring the vehicle Concepts/package complies with the appropriate homologation/product/manufacturing requirements.
• Developing and balancing of technical input with the R&D and design teams for volume model development.
• To ensure all package issues influencing Architecture and vehicle concepts are balanced and solved, taking a leading role in generating proposals and driving issue resolution.
• Performing applicable competitor benchmark analysis and definition of best practice tools and methods.
• Management of applicable working level forums, reporting status to the Concept team leader, and supporting the product development plan deliverables.
• Deliver architecture scalability definition documentation.
To be achieved via
• Using CATIA V5 to develop suitable concept and package layouts for the applicable areas of the vehicle.
• Using CATIA V5 to generate criteria / master sections for architecture and product volume scalability.
• Producing reports to highlight concept/packaging issues and resolution status.
• Maintenance of applicable layout areas within the packaging data structure.
• Using CAD tools for detection of component clashes
• Liaising and leading solution resolution with component engineering and suppliers to reach solutions to design problems
• Prioritizing and managing personal workload to ensure packaging objectives and timing are met
Software and IT:
• TC, TC Vis, Catia V5
• CAVA, System Weaver, Ramsis - merit
Competence requirements for: CAD (CATIA)
• ☒ Solid ☒ Surface
Competence requirements for: TeamCentre Automotive
• ☒ Author ☐ Viewer
• Extensive OEM experience in a vehicle concept / advanced engineering role as well as in other areas i.e. chassis, power train or structure development
• Deep knowledge of legal / customer driven requirements and the utilization of these and complete vehicle attributes to realize vehicle synergies.
• Broad knowledge manufacturing and technology trends.
• Creative and able to offer ideas and solutions freely
• Flexible, committed and motivated to work on more than one vehicle area and manage more than one vehicle system at a time.
• Experience of supplier/customer interaction
• Good organizational and prioritizing skills
• Has good working knowledge of PC tools e.g. Power Point, Word & Excel
• Good knowledge of CATIA V5, Vis mock up, and Team Centre at OEM level
• Good knowledge of written and spoken English
• BEng/MEng in Automotive preferred.