Component and Systems Hardware Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Position Title: Component and Systems Hardware Engineer
Duration: 9 Month Rolling Contract
Location: Multiple Location
Division: Chassis Engineering
• Component and Systems Hardware Engineer
• Owns and controls all cascaded targets (technical and business related) relevant to the Team, via the target setting process and delivers these on time and to target.
• Is responsible for the coordination and delivery of all the module systems, subsystems and components, meeting all agreed targets.
• Carries out the processes required to support project gateway activities to ensure robust delivery of the vehicle programme.
• Escalates key delivery issues in a timely way allowing corrective intervention to progress.
• Ensures effective communication exists across all functions via full team participation.
• Self-motivated and possessing strong leadership, communication, presentation, negotiation, IT and technical project management skills to enable the candidate to lead the module team members in the delivery of programme key metrics/targets.
• Experience of presenting technical status and communicating confidently at all levels within the business and the supply base.
• A deep understanding of the engineering of complex mechanical, hydraulic and electrical automotive systems with a minimum of 3 years involved in the engineering of vehicle Chassis systems.
• Ideally Brakes.
• Experience of Automotive new model activities concept to launch environment preferably in the role of project leader or commodity/system leader or similar.
• Experience of working to a formal product development management system and using on - line systems for the management of component and system validation and results reporting.
• Successful delivery of Brakes engineering module for an automotive OEM Considerable experience in an automotive engineering or development environment
• Experience of cost down project delivery Educated to degree level, or equivalent, in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering or a related discipline.
• Gaydon/UK Plants