Design Engineering Consultant - Powertrain
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Chassis & Powertrain
Position Title: Design Engineering Consultant - Powertrain
Nice to Have Criteria:
• Primary responsibility is to work as part of a small well-integrated design team, where you would be responsible for the design of the vehicle Powertrain & Chassis systems.
• Typically, you will be expected to generate Powertrain & Chassis concepts from styling surface release through to prototype and production parts.
• Experience of moulded body construction would be advantageous but not essential.
• Powertrain & Chassis engineering knowledge an advantage
• In addition you will be expected liaise with our Manufacturing, Global Technical Partners and suppliers to ensure all designs meet the requirements for performance, manufacture and cost.
• You will also be expected to provide technical support for component and prototype development, and build.
Qualifications and experience:
• It is anticipated that you will be educated to HNC / HND / Degree level and have demonstrable experience designing and developing automotive Powertrain and Chassis systems.
• Catia V5 experience would be essential in fulfilling this role.
• Develop and specify GD&T data set on CAD models or drawings, taking into account all inputs from parts suppliers, assembly processes and dimensional management studies
• Creating presentation material for Design Reviews
• Producing detailed manufacturing drawings
• Maintain and manage engineering records and designs
• Deliver the system architecture design using Catia V5/V6
• Maintenance and update of the section book
• 3D package modelling
• Support interface with styling
• Design for manufacture and assembly for responsible components
• Ensuring responsible designs meet legal compliance
• Work Package Management
• Design Sizing Analysis
• Sub system load analysis
• Joints and interface design
• Materials selection
• Fixing selection justification with appropriate bolt calculations
• Carbon Fibre Design and Manufacture
• DFMEA delivery
• Creation and Management of Engineering Tech Spec.
• Front and Rear Crash Structures, Lightweight Structures and Carriers
• Crash System Design - Management and Integration of CAE Inputs
• DFM and DFA delivery
• GD&T / RPS Location and Measurement Plans
• Engineering to Commercial Constraints & Commercial management
• Deliver Engineering Change