Component and Systems Hardware Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Position Title: Component and Systems Hardware Engineer
Duration: 8 month Rolling Contract
Division: Chassis Engineering
• The successful candidate will have responsibility for design and engineering delivery to production of Damper / Sensor Components for Jaguar and Land Rover Suspension Systems.
• The candidate will: Develop/design components through close working relationships with interfacing teams (e.g. BIW, Chassis, Powertrain, Electrical, Manufacturing, Service).
• Manage Damper / Sensor suppliers to deliver required designs for prototype builds and production.
• Apply Failure Mode Avoidance techniques (FMEA).
• Manage Design Verification Plan for testing conducted at the supplier and at The Client and record using the The Clients’ requirement management system (RMDV).
• Release and manage engineering designs using The Clients’ systems (e.g. WERS, AIMS).
• Demonstrated competence at delivering technical solutions.
• Effective planning and delivery to quality, cost and timing targets
• Demonstrable understanding of chassis suspension components.
• Understanding of Engineering Quality principals, primarily DFMEA
• Experience in developing, reviewing, validating component designs
• Project supplier management experience
• BOM releasing experience
• Engineering degree.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in an engineering role.