Component and Systems Hardware Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Position Title: Component and Systems Hardware Engineer
Duration: 9 month Rolling Contract
Division: Chassis Engineering
• Mechatronic Engineer - Primarily working on Cost Reduction within the Air Suspension team on current vehicles.
• The candidate will: Reviewing the design and identifying cost save opportunities.
• Create a business case for the change using the Clients’ toolset
• Review with suppliers and manage/plan implementation Apply Failure Mode Avoidance techniques (FMEA).
• Manage Design Verification Plan for testing conducted at the supplier and at the Client and record using the Clients’ requirement management system
• Release and manage engineering designs using the Clients’ systems
• A technical background with practical experience and a desire to learn.
• Understanding of Engineering Quality principals, primarily DFMEA - Previous experience of managing resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment
• A good working knowledge of product creation & delivery, change control, product definition and change management processes
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills
• Demonstrable experience of supplier management Use of BOM release software - Icreate
• Demonstrate competence at delivering technical solutions.
• Effective planning and delivery to quality, cost and timing targets.
• Demonstrable understanding of chassis suspension components.
• Engineering degree.
• Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in an engineering role.