EDS DVP Test Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Dependent on Experience
Laindon, Basildon, Essex
Position Title: EDS DVP Test Engineer
Location: Basildon, Essex
• Our Client are currently recruiting for permanent EDS DVP Test Engineer to be based in our Basildon site.
• The main purpose of the role is to collect, Analyse, verify, test and manage the development of the EDS based on customer requirements under consideration of all engineering specifications, cost, quality and timing as well as environmental aspects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintain equipment calibration when required
• Support customer signoff approvals.
• Carries out vehicle and test board level testing and produces test reports.
• Support RQA reviews and communicate Non Compliance to the team and report out the status to the team.
• Participate in Virtual & Physical design reviews to ensure the customers SDS’s are adhered too.
• Participate in EDS design/development meetings PMST (EDS) to understand and be aware of issues.
• Report results and advise risk of failures.
• Follow up on open issues to bring to a satisfactory conclusion.
• Advise on subsequent design changes and develop signoff retest plans where required.
• Ensure EDS requirements for test vehicles/Buck/rigs etc. are made, agreed and shown on T&D plan
• Diploma in electrical, mechanical or automotive engineering, or equivalent experience.
• Previous practical design experience from an automotive or aerospace background.
• Extensive experience of Automotive DVP process.
• Experience of Customer DVP and sign off processes.
• Solid understanding of vehicle EDS and electrical systems.
• Good working knowledge of electrical test equipment (oscilloscope, multi-meter, power supply, etc.)
• Practical ability for vehicle mechanical and electrical diagnosis.
• Vehicle assembly process, especially EDS related aspects.
• Understanding of EDS design and development process.
• Application of electrical theory.
• Proficient with Microsoft office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Projects
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• High attention to detail
• Self-motivation and prioritisation
• Ability to work in a team as well as alone
• Fluent in English
• Full Driving Licence UK or Equivalent
• Right to work in the UK – Valid Passport
• Competitive Salary
• Pension Scheme
• Private Healthcare including Medical cash plan
• Life Assurance
• 26 Holidays (Plus the bank holidays)
• Training and Development Opportunities