UX Designer with Light Design Interest
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Studio & CAS
Position Title: UX Designer with Light Design Interest
• In this role, you are responsible for designing market-leading User Experiences in HMI systems for the Company’s branded cars.
• Especially considering the use of light as information carrier, you are to challenge and innovate the way our users interact with the car, get information from the car, and experience the interior through the use of both exterior light and interior ambient light.
• Your assignment is to work with how interior light can augment HMI functions, how interior ambient light can be used to create light experiences, as well as how exterior light can be used to greet the user, or signal various states of the car to its surrounding.
• You will create light experience concepts based on the costumers’ expectation and brand values, and drive for exploring new ways of interacting with the interior/exterior of the car and the digital system.
• This requires both a UX and Interaction design thinking, and understanding for cognitive and behavioural science, and an interest for the technical side of light sequence specification.
• You collaborate on designing, running, and testing new solutions through experiments and prototypes at varying levels of fidelity.
• From visual storytelling, wire framing, animations to functional prototypes.
• You systematically ensure that concepts are coherent, satisfy user needs and expectations, understand user pain points as well as meeting safety and regulatory requirements, and minimize driver distraction.
• To create new opportunities, you will explore and identify focus areas for user research, selecting appropriate research methodologies, and synthesize user research results into actionable insights for iterative concept development.
• You will work within the HMI Design department, a true cross-functional team where inter-disciplinary focus, curiosity and drive are highly valued.
• The Company work in close collaboration with all other design departments, as well as with Engineering and Marketing, to shape the mobility experience of the future.
• Bachelor’s degree in Interaction design, human factors, human computer interaction, or related field.
• The Company are looking after the combination of this disciplines.
• New inter-disciplinary programs are of interest.
• Minimum 3 years of experience designing UI/UX across multiple platforms
• Experience from collaborating with multidisciplinary teams of designers, researchers, engineers, strategists and product managers throughout the design process
• Experience of building mock-ups and prototypes, from digital to tangible proofs of concept
• Good knowledge of the HMI design process and best-practices
• Adobe CC, Figma and one or several Motion software’s (After effects, Premiere) and 3D software’s (Blender, VRED)
• Portfolio highlighting projects that demonstrate experience in crafting user interfaces with a wide range of interaction models
• Master’s degree in Interaction design, human factors, human computer interaction or related field
• Prior experience in developing interfaces to meet safety/driver distraction standards
• Previous experience developing interfaces/interactions for high-workload dynamic environments (e.g. vehicles, aircraft)
• Experience of moderating brainstorming and ideation sessions
• Ability to drive, motivate and convince
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, able to drive concepts and ideas forward
• Persistency to pursue targets and take decisions
• Creative problem solver, passionate to work on complex challenges
• Ability to manage competing project priorities and constraints
• Structured, methodical, and analytical with good planning skills.
• Highly motivated, flexible, and able to work under constrained time schedules
• Cultural awareness, especially Asian and European culture
• Travels to Asia may be needed (approx. 1-2 per year).
• Each individual in our team has a high level of responsibility and mandate and is expected to be able to work autonomously.
• Fluent in English, spoken and written
• Driver’s license