RECRUITER TEL NO.
Manufacturing & Logistics
Position Title: Geometry and Simulation Development (CAD) Engineer
Duration: 11 Month Rolling Contract
Division: Engineering Operations
• Prototype Designer
• The Prototype Design Engineer is primarily responsible for the design of unique prototype components to support all of the early physical prototype builds for the Client.
• As part of a highly skilled team of design engineers, you’ll be responsible for developing innovative new content to create prototype properties suitable for test and development.
• The Design Engineer role also includes roll over protection systems, vehicle camouflage and other equipment to support tests.
• This role is closely linked with the Additive Manufacturing Centre and BIW fixture design team and will offer design support to both areas when required.
• You’ll work closely with various stakeholders including Body CAE and Prototype Manufacturing teams to ensure designs comply with DFM and that the prototype property delivers the target attributes.
• This is an exciting opportunity to experience whole vehicle engineering and provide exposure to the key areas that influence vehicle development.
• Generate 3D/2D prototype CAD solutions to support critical build test and development.
• Deliver body in white/trim and final design in accordance with vehicle attributes
• Managing parts in lifecycle software such as iPLM, Teamcenter and Catia V5/V6.
• Proficient IT skills with significant experience of using virtual engineering tools
• Proficient user of Catia V5 and have experience in Lifecycle Management
• Evidence of creating design concept proposals
• Ability to analyse and present data lead engineers and seniors
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Catia V6 and iPLM Technical knowledge of vehicle systems, bill of process and prototype vehicle assembly
• Knowledge and understanding of automotive components or systems and sub-systems across entire vehicle
• Design experience in low volume tooling
• Previous experience of working within a prototype build environment would be beneficial but not essential
• Desirable Personal Attributes - An individual who is results driven with the ability to deliver operational plans in a highly demanding environment
• An individual with the ability to prioritise their work load
• A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas
• An effective team player who supports team members
• Resilient and enthusiastic, an individual able to deliver results under pressure