Customer Support Advisor
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Position Title: Customer Support Advisor
Duration: 6 Month Rolling Contract
Division: Human Resources
• Working within HR Direct, you will support and work alongside the Senior Employee Benefits Consultant focusing on all of the UK employment benefits, including pensions, healthcare, cycle to work and insured benefits.
• You will also have some involvement in the Clients’ vehicle schemes.
• You will work with external suppliers to ensure that the benefits are delivered to a consistent, high quality.
• Regular contact will be had with the Performance Reward and Engagement Centre of Expertise team to ensure alignment of objectives and to provide support on projects and operationalising changes.
Key Performance Indicators
• Meeting HR Direct SLAs for employee benefits tickets ensuring responses are delivered to a high quality
• Maintain effective linkages with the varied internal customers and stakeholders of the Employee Benefits team
• Use technical knowledge of the Clients’ employee benefits to:
• Contribute to the provision of professional advice to the business on operational delivery
• Identify opportunities for improvement and greater efficiency in our processes
• Plan, organise and prioritise tasks to achieve the objectives of the Employee Benefits team
• Ensure work instructions, process maps and intranet content for employee benefits is maintained and updated as necessary
• Review supplier invoices against contractual terms and ensure timely processing
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Answer tickets raised on employee benefits.
• Escalate complex tickets as necessary making recommendations for resolution
• Act as the primary contact for employee benefits providers and as the first point of escalation for the Contact Centre for all UK benefits queries.
• Ensure the smooth running of the private healthcare schemes both in the UK and for our International Assignees
• Support Pensions operations and improvement projects
• Ensure all of the insured benefits are renewed and managed effectively
• Produce quarterly reports on HR Direct service levels for the various pension Trustee board meetings
• Support the delivery of the functional objectives, including working with the Centre of Expertise on a number of change projects and provider reviews
• Manage supplier invoices through setting up payment arrangements and ensuring timely completion
• Work to approved processes and take responsibility for ensuring they are up to date with any efficiencies identified
• Ensure HR Direct triage material, process maps, work instructions and People Portal content is up to date, accurate and clear for users
• Conduct audits on the Clients’ Privilege Scheme, management healthcare, job cars and others as required
• Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time
• Seek solutions to identified problems and make recommendations for the way forward
• Maintain the employee benefits content on the Clients’ Recognition and Voluntary Benefits platform.
• Work with the chosen supplier for this service as required
• Deliver assigned tasks to deadlines keeping stakeholders/ customers up to date on progress
• Performance, Reward and Engagement (PRE) Centre of Expertise
• HR Direct teams including Case Management, Contact Centre and Lifecycle & Transaction
• Pensions Trustee
• External providers
• Finance and Payroll
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Willingness and ability to learn pensions and other benefits rules and requirements to ensure compliance
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
• Ability to balance hands on delivery with continuous improvements projects
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel
• Attention to detail to ensure accuracy
• Employee Benefits and/or pensions experience
• Experience conducting audits of processes
• Project management experience
• Experience working with third party external suppliers
• CIPD Qualified (or working towards qualification) and/or Bachelor’s degree
• Ability to handle difficult conversations with employees in a calm and professional manner
• Self-motivated, uses initiative, problem solver – focussed on delivering results
• Able to identify potential improvements, present these effectively and action
• Able to deliver quality and consistency in a complex, highly demanding environment
• Strong communicator with a proven track record of demonstrating logic and analytical thinking
• Proactive attitude, adaptable and willing to learn new systems and processes
• Resilient and enthusiastic, an individual able to deliver results under pressure
• Proactive team player, who is happy to be hands on and work with a team