PROJECT ENGINEER – INTERIOR ELECTRONICS
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Dependent on Experience
Bianca Harris 1
Position Title: PROJECT ENGINEER – INTERIOR ELECTRONICS
• Realisation of interior electronics switch gear and controls as part of the overall UI/UX design of our vehicle projects using a combination of new, modified and carryover components in conjunction with the Tier 1 suppliers.
• In conjunction with the Styling and Product Management teams, define and incorporate the materials, finishes, colours, illumination, and symbols required to meet the UI/UX attributes of the vehicle interior.
• Integration of interior electronics into the overall vehicle electrical network architecture and vehicle package.
• Guidance to ensure that control units and peripherals are correctly located and packaged in accordance with installation and wiring requirements.
• Specify and lead all activities relating to compliance with any necessary legislative, environmental and EMC requirements.
• Participation in all system review, verification & validation activities including FMEAs, ISO26262 functional safety, EMC, and functionality tests.
• Fault identification and resolution including management of issues to closure.
• Tier 1 supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement, Logistics and Quality throughout the project lifecycle.
• Provision of support and training to Manufacturing and Service departments.
• Proven track record of project engineering of interior controls/electronics within automotive/aerospace/home electronics/industrial electronics engineering environments.
• Demonstrable understanding of all aspects of interior electronics design (e.g. materials, finishes, illumination, haptics, durability, electronics, and package).
• Hands on experience of CATIA, Solidworks or other relevant CAD toolchain would be advantageous.
• Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, quality planning, PPAP etc).
• Possession of an Electronics, Controls, Mechanical or relevant honours engineering degree. Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
• Full driving licence is essential.
• No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.