SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT – POWERELECTRONICS
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Dependent on Experience
Bianca Harris 1
Position Title: GME073
• Responsible for the development of power electronics products for electric and hybrid vehicles.
• Perform the role of in-house power electronics expert.
• Create and evolve a development roadmap for high voltage products (including inverters, DCDC converters and On-Board Chargers) to ensure that using the latest developments and optimised in a way to support world leading vehicle developments from the group.
• Explore possibilities for marginal gains, to push the limits of what is technically possible.
• Identify and develop IP that can be leveraged to create innovative products.
• Develop optimal solutions for projects and translate these into requirement specifications that can be presented to suppliers and partners.
• Interpret vehicle level requirements to translate into relevant technologies that should be exploited to create specific IP
• Ensure that the technical strategy and vision of the solution is translated to relevant stakeholders, including Project Engineers who will be instrumental in delivering the technical solution.
• Support of Project Engineers throughout the project lifecycle, which will include periods of taking responsibility for development activities during the programme.
• Maintain technical oversight of all programmes to ensure that key components
• (e.g., structure, controllers, heat exchangers) are correctly located and packaged in accordance with vehicle requirements.
• Act as the authority in system review, verification & validation activities including leading FMEAs, DVP planning and ISO26262 compliance.
• Significant experience of power electronics within an automotive engineering environment.
• Demonstrable understanding of HV electronics systems within an automotive environment, including power modules, immersed cooling, switching frequencies, current ripple, and heat generation.
• Ability to confidently communicate concepts such as pin fin cooling, bus bar design, creepage and clearance and electrical noise generation.
• Experience of development engineering with Tier 1 suppliers, preparation of project documentation and reports. Risk management, mitigation, and recovery planning.
• Working knowledge of associated systems such as batteries, cooling systems and charging infrastructure.
• Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, DVP, quality planning, PPAP etc) and full product lifecycle activities.
• Ability to communicate the requirements of the vehicle programme to a supplier and manage the cost/benefit/compromise when adapting and enhancing existing and new technologies.
• Inspiring, articulate, self-motivated, and able to work well on own initiative. Able to influence and align stakeholders to our aspirations and vision moving forwards.
• Possession of an Electrical, Control Systems, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree.
• Post graduate qualifications are essential.
• Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
• Full driving licence is essential.
• No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union