SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT – ELECTRIC MACHINES
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Dependent on Experience
Position Title: SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT – ELECTRIC MACHINES
• Responsible for the design and specification of Electric Machine solutions for electric and hybrid vehicles.
• Perform the role of in-house eMachine expert.
• Create and evolve a development roadmap for existing, future, and conceptual methodologies. Explore possibilities for marginal gains, to push the limits of what is technically possible.
• Identify and develop IP that can be leveraged by Gordon Murray Group to create innovative products. Develop a strategy to develop different technologies to create a product catalogue that GME can use to deliver a range of electric vehicles.
• Develop optimal solutions for Gordon Murray Group projects and translate these into requirement specifications that can be presented to suppliers and partners.
• Execute and interpret efficiency maps and system designs to aid selection of appropriate technologies and hardware. This will include close working with gearbox and inverter teams to produce a complete drivetrain.
• Ensure that the technical strategy and vision of the solution is translated to relevant stakeholders, including Project Engineers who will be instrumental in delivering the technical solution.
• Support of Project Engineers throughout the project lifecycle, which will include periods of taking responsibility for development activities during the programme.
• Maintain technical oversight of all programmes to ensure that key components
• (e.g., structure, controllers, heat exchangers) are correctly located and packaged in accordance with vehicle requirements.
• Act as the authority in system review, verification & validation activities including leading FMEAs, DVP planning and ISO26262 compliance.
• Significant experience of working with Electric Machines within an automotive engineering environment.
• Demonstrable understanding of motor control and use of electric machines within an automotive environment.
• Understanding of the pros and cons of different design concepts. SPM, IPM, SRM,
• Inductive and Hybrid including how they impact manufacturability and carbon footprint.
• Experience of development engineering with Tier 1 suppliers, preparation of project documentation and reports.
• Risk management, mitigation, and recovery planning.
• Working knowledge of associated systems such as OBCs, DCDCs and Inverters.
• Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, DVP, quality planning, PPAP etc) and full product lifecycle activities.
• Ability to communicate the requirements of the vehicle programme to a supplier and manage the cost/benefit/compromise when adapting and enhancing existing and new technologies.
• Inspiring, articulate, self-motivated, and able to work well on own initiative.
• Able to influence and align stakeholders to our aspirations and vision moving forwards.
• Possession of a Mechanical, Control Systems, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree.
• Post graduate qualifications are essential. Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
• Full driving licence is essential.
• No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union