Project Engineer – Battery Systems
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Dependent on Experience
Position: Project Engineer - Battery Systems
• Battery Systems project engineering, development, and integration of energy storage systems into the overall vehicle architecture (e.g., body, chassis, and powertrain systems).
• Perform the role of Battery Systems in-house expert.
• Document and maintain a development roadmap for automotive batteries, capturing chemistry, cooling, and assembly methodologies.
• Review and analyse product specifications and identify areas of optimisation and improvement.
• Execute and interpret battery simulation and cell lifetime durability testing to aid selection of appropriate technologies.
• Work with stakeholders, within and external, to identify solutions, projects and milestones that will contribute to the success of the vehicle programme.
• Management of technical deliverables, project plans and open issues decks for assigned systems to support on time delivery to the vehicle programme.
• Realisation of the vehicle features using a combination of carry-over, modified and new components in collaboration with the Body, Chassis and Powertrain function groups as required.
• Guidance to ensure that key components (structure, controllers, thermal) are correctly located and packaged in accordance with vehicle requirements.
• Compliance with any necessary environmental and EMC regulations.
• Specification and development oversight of design features and functions in conjunction with our technical partners and Tier 1 suppliers.
• Support other function groups to ensure compliance with process driven development methods.
• Participation in system review, verification & validation activities including leading FMEAs, DVP planning and ISO26262 compliance.
• Significant experience of battery systems or component delivery within an automotive engineering environment.
• Demonstrable understanding of energy storage architectures and underlying principles and technologies including thermal management, lifetime operation, cell degradation and control strategies.
• Experience of project engineering with Tier 1 suppliers, preparation of project documentation and reports. Risk management, mitigation, and recovery planning.
• Working knowledge of associated systems such as OBCs, DCDCs and Inverters.
• Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, DVP, quality planning, PPAP etc) and full product lifecycle activities.
• Ability to communicate the requirements of the vehicle programme to a supplier and manage the cost/benefit/compromise when adapting and enhancing existing and new technologies.
• Articulate, self-motivated, and able to work well on own initiative.
• Possession of an Electronics, Control Systems, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree.
• Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
• Full driving licence is essential.
• No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.