Project Engineer EDS
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Dependent on Experience
Position Title: Project Engineer EDS
• Our Client currently has an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer EDS to join our Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Warwick, Midlands.
• Design and development tasks relating to high and low voltage wiring and fusing systems, component packaging and electrical power distribution including the creation of specifications, drawings, reports, and sign-off documentation.
• Support for the preparation and approval of component data sheets and schematics in conjunction with other function groups, our technical partners, and Tier 1 suppliers.
• Guidance to ensure that wiring and electrical hardware are correctly located and packaged in accordance with installation, environmental and EMC requirements.
• Participation in all system review, verification & validation activities.
• Fault identification and resolution including management of issues to closure.
• Tier 1 supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement,
• Logistics and Quality throughout the project lifecycle.
• Provision of support and training to Manufacturing and Service departments.
• Demonstrable experience of electrical distribution system development - specifically circuit design, wiring/fusing systems and electrical packaging.
• Experience in design for good electrical and EMC performance.
• Knowledge of hybrid electrical vehicle architectures and wiring systems would be advantageous.
• Experience of visualisation using CATIA, or lightweight file viewers would be useful.
• Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, quality planning, PPAP etc.)
• Articulate, self-motivated, and able to work well on own initiative.
• Possession of an Electronics, Control Systems, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree.
• Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience will be considered.
• Full driving licence is essential.
• No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.