RECRUITER TEL NO.
Dependent on Experience
Position Title: Production Technician – 12 Positions
• Our Client currently have an exciting opportunity for 12 Production Technicians to join our manufacturing team based in Surrey.
• Production Technicians within the company are responsible for production on daily basis to produce high quality vehicles across all models undertaken by the Client.
• In this role you will be part of the team to ramp-up production of a low-volume, high quality automotive manufacturing facility.
• Establish strong team member relations, at all levels with a focus on teamwork.
• Work closely with the team, especially Manufacturing Engineering team members.
• Operating machinery on a low volume production line.
• Quality checking for any defects, labelling finished products.
• Working towards production targets.
• Support Cycle Time change planning, line rebalancing, trials, and training activities.
• Support new model activities.
• Checking manufacturing processes and systems.
• Maintain a strict adherence to the Standard Operating Procedures, thereby clearly identifying irregularities that may cause damage or inefficiency and prescribing corrective measures to improve these processes
• Support shop safety initiatives and manage timely implementation of countermeasures to resolve problems.
• Support problem solving activities within the team.
• Identify waste in assembly processes and implement activities to improve efficiency.
• Be available to work OT, shutdowns and travel as needed.
• Work together with the Clients’ Engineering members to continuously improve/develop manufacturing process
• General housekeeping duties as required.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
• Previous experience working in a Prototype/Launch build team.
• Have a good understanding of vehicle architecture.
• It is anticipated that you will have extensive automotive experience at an appropriate company or OEM
• Experience in low volume automotive manufacturing preferable.
• Understanding of the different assembly processes and equipment
• Works well under pressure, works hard to meet strict production targets
• Clear and effective communication skills with internal and external clients
• Ability to support problem solving activities within an automotive assembly environment
• Possess a full UK drivers’ licence
• Some computer literacy required – Basics in Word, Excel and PowerPoint