Homologation Engineer – Homologation & Certification
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Dependent on Experience
Position Title: Homologation Engineer – Homologation & Certification
• To be successful, you will be completely involved across Homologation & Certification.
• Your main responsibilities will be the creation of Homologation templates that will be used in a wide range of programmes (present and future).
• You will be deeply involved with engineering and design on a daily basis, fulfilling the needs of legal requirements, explanation and improving the understanding of the technical targets affecting each piece of a vehicle’s technology.
• That will require the creation of databases used for the evaluation of the worst-case scenarios applied both during design and manufacturing.
• In addition, you will be able to identify those worst-case scenarios in a vehicle at prototype level in order to provide the guidelines needed for a successful development.
• Active role in both the planning and execution of the vehicle certification process Liaison with Tier 1 and 2 suppliers and provision of vehicle information as requested
• Identify applicable regulations, necessary testing, prepare applications and coordinate tests with external labs, vendors, and internal resources to ensure full certifications & compliance
• Organise & support documentation related to regulatory certifications
• Work with teams to ensure our products & processes meet evolving & applicable regulations
• Track & understand the regulatory environment
• Facilitate discussions of legislative changes that might affect existing & new vehicle programmes
• Interpret regulatory requirements for global market and different territories Clearly communicate changes to regulatory requirements within the organisation and Tier 1 suppliers
• Participate in design reviews, provide regulatory input to development teams and provide engineering analysis to policy and business groups
• Suggest solutions for compliance issues affecting the vehicle design
• Review manufacturing process to keep final product inside the existing legal frame
Experience and Qualifications:
• Confident and highly motivated
• Excellent written & oral communication skills
• Demonstrable skills in typical business software (Office, Clouds, etc.)
• Willing to learn dedicated Homologation software (IMDS, DMX, etc.)
• High level of accuracy & detail
• Willing to be involved in both typical office job and working in the field (test tracks, testing facilities)
• Calm character in times of high demand
• Full driving licence is essential
• No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union