Powertrain Design Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Chassis & Powertrain
Dependent on Experience
Position Title: Powertrain Design Engineer
• Reporting to the Chief Engineer – Vehicle Engineering & Simulation, you will be responsible for Design activities in the Powertrain design team
• Responsibility for designing powertrain systems; including fuel, cooling, oil systems as well as powertrain integration using CATIA V5
• You will be required to keep up to date with latest technologies in the industry
• You will be required to liaise with the prototype workshop to define components and support test vehicle build
• Liaise with project management and purchasing to ensure budgetary and timing plans are met
• Ensure designs meet with all relevant regulatory requirements
• Conduct meeting with suppliers and technical partners
• Schedule own activities to promote engineering deliverables that meet required specifications.
• Drive forward in Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) design/Concepts and ensure current and future technologies are exploited.
• Help develop a BEV strategy for future vehicles.
• Run Research and development BEV program/s internally and with external partners.
Experience and Qualifications:
• The candidate should be degree qualified with preferably a degree in mechanical engineering
• Ideally skilled in working with CATIA V5
• Capable of carrying out hand calculations for components and correct material choices as well as cooling calculations for fuel, water and oil systems
• Have an in-depth knowledge of Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) and hybrid installations, cooling requirements along with regulatory knowledge.