Senior Powertrain Design Engineer
RECRUITER TEL NO.
Chassis & Powertrain
Position Title: Senior Powertrain Design Engineer
- Our Client is a world-leading automotive design company, they have gained a global reputation as a pioneer of lightweight and efficient vehicles, taking a highly innovative approach to all aspects of vehicle design, development and production.
- Our Client currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Powertrain Design Engineer to join our Design, Development and Engineering Centre based in Shalford, Surrey.
- Reporting to the Chief Engineer - Vehicle Engineering & Simulation, you will be responsible for Design activities in the Powertrain design team
- Responsibility for designing powertrain systems; including fuel, cooling, oil systems as well as powertrain integration using CATIA V5
- You will be required to keep up to date with latest technologies in the industry
- You will be required to liaise with the prototype workshop to define components and support test vehicle build
- Present Development status to client project teams, client senior management, project suppliers and internally to Company personnel
- Liaise with project management and purchasing to ensure budgetary and timing plans are met
- Ensure designs meet with all relevant regulatory requirements
- Conduct meeting with suppliers and technical partners
- Schedule own activities to promote engineering deliverables that meet required specifications
- Drive the Client forwards in Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) design/Concepts and ensure current and future technologies are exploited. Help develop a BEV strategy for future vehicles
- Run Research and development BEV program/s internally and with external partners
- Initiate sub-system design reviews as necessary to resolve technical or packaging issues
- Maintain pro-active liaison between Styling, Design, Engineering, Procurement, EDB and Workshop to ensure effective project communication
Experience and Qualifications:
- The candidate should be degree qualified with preferably a degree in mechanical engineering
- Experience in motorsport and sports cars is essential
- Ideally skilled in working with CATIA V5
- Capable of carrying out hand calculations for components and correct material choices as well as cooling calculations for fuel, water and oil systems
- Have an in-depth knowledge of Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) and hybrid installations, cooling requirements along with regulatory knowledge.